Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Frances McDormand
    Woody Harrelson
    Sam Rockwell

This one is a 'must watch'

Francis plays the role of a mother that lost her daughter to a terrible crime.
    You may or may not see the crime when you see the third billboard (or the first in this case)
    Sam Rockwell plays a role that he does fantastic, as Sam does
    Woody seems like he has re-asserted himself as what he does best... Not what happens to him but the preperation his character has taken and only Woody could pull this off..... you will see

This movie is great all the way thru. The scenes and what they mean is awesome from start to finish.
    It may seem to start out like a greifing mother, or greifing family or even the town, but that is not what this is really all about. And actually the direction leads away from greif right from the start and too when you hear the language these family members talk to each other with. Wow , I could not beleive it at first till you saw that it was harmless and was not part of the why and only just part of the characters
    Francis did have a moment that her character was very greif stricken, but all moments really were stricken... lol...not laughing cause it was a funny movie , but ummmm... well you will see
    And we can laugh because it is fiction

Great writing, great scenes, great meanings, great movie, great characters, great performances.
    I can say nuts .... and a must watch !

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-28-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Well, Frances McDormand got the Academy Award for Best Actress and Sam Rockwell got the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. That ain't too shabby!
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Still think Darkest Hour should have won the Best Picture award ...Runner up should have been Dunkirk ..........I saw "Shape of water" ...It was good but for me it was mostly a chick flick ...not best picture......So i guess they will be choosing awards now according to ethnicity and not best picture or performance .........A real shame ........
    Last edited by floder2; 03-05-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Fire From Within

I thought "Three Billboards" was a very good movie, but not great. It was an actors movie, but the story seemed a little contrived, and reached for some of the black humor... an attempt to make a 'Coen' movie but wasn't as funny or strange. I liked Woody Harrelson over Sam Rockwell, and Frances McDormand was fantastic. I'm just glad there really isn't a place like that. I did like "Shape of Water" , as its ok to disbelieve fantasy. The most re-watchable movie though was "Dunkirk", and "Darkest Hour" was very good as well, you do have to watch both movies for the best perspective. How fortunate we are that Hitler decided to hold back.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    Well, Frances McDormand got the Academy Award for Best Actress and Sam Rockwell got the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. That ain't too shabby!
    simply love that !!

Sam Rockwell is in my opinion is an actor that has come up into his own. He has a certain presence not seen since maybe Marlin Brando... and the world is seeing that now.
    Rock on Sam!!

And Frances too, wow !!
    Was expected thou, she is Frances

Dunkirk and Darkest Hour were good. We will always see good and better World at War flics.. is enevatable.
    Shape of Water ? ... well I have a posted review on that one

And Margot Robbie in her role as 'I Tonya' which did not get her the award, but was well received
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-06-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

get active
    After seeing Francis McDormand in Fargo, I was really looking forward to seeing 3 Billboards which really surprised me as it brought a whole new level of serious acting to her credit. I think she had some very good supporting actors and it was a very good movie. I couldn't get through the shape of water but then I'm not a big fan of special affects, robots and movies that have sparks flying off wood from lead bullets or watching the sparkles fizzle away in the holes long after. Seems as though it matters not if they blow up a car via one shot from a lead bullet or a building or whatever flies, crawls or burrows through the ground at high speed. Sorry, I got carried away but I would have to give Francis her due on winning the award.