Mag256 Stalker How do you know?

Hi all
    I recently changed iptv provider and found my old Mag254 box had been locked by my previous provider.
    I bought after recommendation from the installer a Formuler Z-Nano STB

I have never been happy with the service I have received nor the actual box I complained about the EPG was told utter rubbish from the provider and then found out that Formuler admitted there was an issue with their mytvonline app and that there would be a fix by the end of March, there were other issues of buffering, stuttering, catch up jumping and even on VOD missing the last few minutes of a film.

The iptv provider kept telling me I was the only person to be complaining of these issues and told me all along that it was my isp that was at fault.

Subsequently we proved it was not the isp but my iptv provider still insisted there was nothing wrong it was me just complaining for the sake of it and I should stop harrasing them.

Eventually they have now swapped the Nano box for a Mag256 I was immediatly happy with the quality of the EPG and everything else although on watching catch-up I am still getting the same issues, my iptv provider still insist its not their problem.

Lesson learnt not to go with them again as i think they have server issues hence their poor quality that they wont admit to

Sorry to go on but I think its valuable for other on here to be aware of problems when taking out an iptv paid subscription.

However my question is how do I know if the new 256 box is running Stalker as I cannot find any reference to it in any of the settings.

Much appreciate any help in advance
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhotspur View Post
    Hi all
    I recently changed iptv provider and found my old Mag254 box had been locked by my previous provider.
    I bought after recommendation from the installer a Formuler Z-Nano STB

I have never been happy with the service I have received nor the actual box I complained about the EPG was told utter rubbish from the provider and then found out that Formuler admitted there was an issue with their mytvonline app and that there would be a fix by the end of March, there were other issues of buffering, stuttering, catch up jumping and even on VOD missing the last few minutes of a film.

The iptv provider kept telling me I was the only person to be complaining of these issues and told me all along that it was my isp that was at fault.

Subsequently we proved it was not the isp but my iptv provider still insisted there was nothing wrong it was me just complaining for the sake of it and I should stop harrasing them.

Eventually they have now swapped the Nano box for a Mag256 I was immediatly happy with the quality of the EPG and everything else although on watching catch-up I am still getting the same issues, my iptv provider still insist its not their problem.

Lesson learnt not to go with them again as i think they have server issues hence their poor quality that they wont admit to

Sorry to go on but I think its valuable for other on here to be aware of problems when taking out an iptv paid subscription.

However my question is how do I know if the new 256 box is running Stalker as I cannot find any reference to it in any of the settings.

Much appreciate any help in advance
    Thanks
    Mag256 runs Stalker Set-top-box client firmware as its protocol for communicating with the IPTV Service Provider, which runs Stalker Headend system for its tariff /control system.
    *Most Providers now accept accessing there services using m3u Playlists, so you can ditch Stalker based STB's and go for a good Android STB.
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 02-24-2018 at 09:54 PM.