H96 Pro Plus 2GB WIFI Dropping or Intermittent

I spent a lot of time chasing down a problem with a new H96Pro Plus box. Threads on XDA say the ROM is the same as a Beelink Box specific model.

I am using it as a proto-type for testing players and apps.

This box has a lot of support thanks to SuperCeleron's work on ROMs for this unit.

I didn't know it when I bought it but it has an infamous problem with wifi dropping and being unreliable for a number of reasons.

The long and short of the issue. Software related issues do exist. As of Dec 2017 the latest ROMs I could find were SV7 update. These early roms claimed to resolve the issues.

I noticed I couldn't play ANYTHING VOD/LIVE from the servers but local files played great.
    Google Assistant would report not connected. Alexa did the same thing. sooo...

after hours of twrp-ing and searching, I had to crack this box back open.

When I modded the case, I disassembled it and cut out for the hidden USB ports,

I didn't pay attention to the WIFI ANTENNA original location inside the casing.

This has the flat tape kind NOT the barrel style antenna.

BOTH can have an issue and MOVING it can resolve it. Electro/Magnetic interface they say, per se.

I moved it to another location and BAM. I got this from a youtube video no speaking English.

I cant remember how it was originally, but I had it stuck with its adhesive to the TOP. Parallel to the base.
    I moved it perpendicular to the base sticking it on the edge of the case between the edge and the board still sits back in. I moved it a little toward the corner to make sure the solder point didn't contact the board.

It made it run right.

PROBLEM SOLVED>

Well tested into the wee hours and today.
    I can stream no sweat just great!

Save yourself the searching and I hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by Waylotul; 02-18-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: For content and structure

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the information. Mine has dropped wifi several times, but seems stable since I turned in on its side. Any special reason for hiding the usb ports?

Some people at xda and others have speculated that perhaps the extra ports were not intended for user access do to power limitations for what devices could be attached.

Other comments have been about specific functions like flashing firmware. I really don't know but I exposed them by using a dremel and I have been using them with keyboard, flash drives, air mouse. Seem to work great.

Moving that antenna has really increased the reliability of the connection in my environment.