Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    shadow..... that's a good idea. 85146....... no I didn't have the portal info in the box when it was at my friends because I didn't have the URL, user and password info with me. I did get the "edit portal" screen so I could have entered the portal info IF I had it with me. Like I said........ I figured no big deal...... I had the needed update so I'll take the box home and put the URL, user and password info there. However, when I got it home and fired the box back up........ instead of getting the "edit portal" screen like I had before....... I got the "cannot connect to market" red warning box. I then hit OK and my box went to the "blue screen of death"..... that's the one with spinning white arrow...... I now affectionately call it the "you ain't going nowhere screen". LOL. I'm gonna try the IP sniffer. If I don't get anywhere I'll enter the portal info using my friends ISP...... and then bring the box home and see if it still works. I kinda doubt it will because I believe these boxes have to talk to their cloud IP, but it's worth a try.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    yes they do need an internet connection active and working before you can proceed past that screen.

I had a bit of the same issues and what I did was disconnect and reconnect an Ethernet cable a few times till it showed connected. Did that with the box powered on.
    It shows this in the setup sticky thread.

Also go into Network menu and turn the connection off and on and off and on a few times
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Yeah..... I did all that.... tried both DHCP and static IP too..... bypassed router, etc. It always says "YES" it's connected to the internet but I still get the screen of death. I believe it IS connected to the internet, but it's just not talking to the cloud server that enables it to proceed. I think my ISP has that IP blocked.... either intentionally or non-intentionally, who knows. The box probably works great for 99.99% of the people....... I'm just the .01% with a weird ISP.

TV Addicted
    Well Im definitly out of ideas, very strange issue and sorry you’re not able to be enjoying this box.

Junoir Member
    If anyone has a Dlite that's working do me a favor and try pinging IP 239.255.255.250. Let me know if you get a return from that IP. My request times out when I try it with my ISP. Thanks.

Thinking it might be possible your firewall is blocking that particular address. It's a multicast address used for streaming video. Can it be that simple?

Bullwhale
    you said you brought it to a friends with a different ISP and it work have you tried to bring it to a friend that has the same ISP to rule out that its not your home equipment (modem,router

TV Addicted
    Did this ever get resolved?

here comes kof. I would use googles DNS. I think problem is with your ISP's DNS. may be you want to try that.kof
    who's your ISP provider BTW?
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

also, if you take that modem into their walk in center and swap thet modem and router as well. try new modem and router might help you.kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast