Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TV Addicted
    I was just rereading your posts to see if I could spot anything else that may be the problem and I wanted to clarify that in post #8. you said ‘In order to have Rocket IPTV work you have to setup the Papaio website in the "edit portal" screen.’. I wanted to be sure you knew that I was referring to your account settings that you adjust on the website using a normal web browser on a computer and not accessing it with the DLite. You can access it by going to this site hxxps://papiao.is/main/search_rocket/ (replace xx with tt) This is where you do the IPTV Reset. Are we on the same page on this?

Fail to server connection is not because of isp. Its more related to router of users.
    Please try thru ethernet and see if its the same fail.
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    No1here...any update on any of the suggested fixes?

Junoir Member
    To answer your first question...... when I use my ISP..... no menu and the box is non-responsive and locked up. If I use a different ISP the box boots to the "edit portal" screen. I tried rebooting both the router and modem, by-passed the router entirely and went direct to the modem...... same thing happens..... non-responsive and locks up. I didn't even mess with the WIFI....... I used cat5 direct to the router or modem. As the box is non-responsive and locks up I can only get to a menu page by removing the WIFI antenna and unplugging the cat5 cable so there's no internet connection. Then a menu page will popup..... however it is not a menu page that has any portal settings available or appearing in the "settings" section. Your working box has a menu with selections down the left side and loaded apps across the bottom. That's the same menu I get when I use a friend's ISP. When disconnect all ways to the internet and force the box to boot to a menu using my ISP...... that menu has a total of 8 items with 4 on top and 4 on the bottom....... nothing like the menu on a working box. I haven't done an "IPTV Reset" at Papaio because I don't have Papaio's portal info put into my box. After 2 days of playing with my new box and not getting it to load the initial update (the one that gives you the "edit portal" screen)........ I took the box to a friend and used his ISP to load that update. The update loaded fine....... I had the new menu with the selections down the left side, apps across the bottom, and an "edit portal" screen. At that time I didn't have the portal info with me, so I couldn't setup the portal, but I figured no big deal because the "edit portal" screen was now coming up so I could just take the box home and setup the portal there. I took the box home, fired it up using my ISP and instead of the "edit portal" screen I had before I got the big red "cannot connect to market" warning with the Dlite becoming non-responsive and locking up. I checked the software version and the new version is on the box. That's what makes me believe that the Dlite has to connect to it's cloud server first and once it finds that connects to your portal server to get tv. Now, I know for a fact that my ISP is not blocking Papaio's site...... I'm not going to explain how I know that. Because my box is doing what its doing....... I believe that they do have the Dlite's cloud server site blocked...... either intentionally or non-intentionally. If I knew the Dlite's server IP I could talk to my ISP and make sure they don't block it....... but that's probably not going to happen. My other alternative is to take the box to my friends house when he gets back in town and load the portal info on to the Dlite using his ISP. I could then take it home, do the "IPTV Reset" and see if it works.......... however I have a sneaking hunch that's not going to work because I think the actual portal info is stored in the Dlite's cloud and not on the box itself. That's a scary thought..... think about the security and privacy issues there. Like you I'm just a hobbyist...... trying to do IPTV for the first time. Figured I'd try the Dlite because Dreamlink's other boxes were pretty good....... at least that's what I've "heard"........ and it's a good hobby..... you get to talk to nice people.

Junoir Member
    Captainkangaroo........ didn't use WIFI. Used cat5 ethernet cable direct to router and when that didn't work direct to the ISP's modem..... bypassing everything that could cause the internet connection to fail. However it still did even though the box said "YES" it was connected to the internet and had DNS, Gateway and IP addresses.

Junoir Member
    Also, I disagree that it's not an ISP issue. If you buy a new Dlite with version 2.2.78 software, where does the box go to get the 2.7.82 update??? THAT'S THE IP I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO....... because my box can't talk to it thru my ISP. And now that my box has the 2.7.82 update I should have a new style menu with the "edit portal" screen. But I still can't get the menu with the "edit portal" screen when I use my ISP....... all I get is the red warning. Therefore, the box must talk to THAT SAME IP whenever it boots or on a regular basis. If that's not the case then where is my "edit portal" screen??? I use a different provider and I get the "edit portal" screen...... I use my provider and the box doesn't work....... sure sounds like an ISP issue to me.

an ip sniffer comes to mind to find out what ip address it is trying to connect.

TV Addicted
    No1here, I feel your frustration and sorry you are having such problems. I think this is beyond my ability to help so again look to CK for guidance. Im not sure how DL works with needing access to a cloud but it makes sense what you are saying. I know I’ve given you the same advice a couple times but I still would like to know that an IPTV reset was done. In one of your last messages you wrote “haven't done an "IPTV Reset" at Papaio because I don't have Papaio's portal info put into my box.” You must have the portal info for it to have connected at your friends. Regardless, all you have to do is go to the Papaio website and enter your oder number and password supplied to you when you received your donation code nad once logged on hit the IPTV Reset button. You should get a mesaage confirming IPTV was reset. Make sure your box is diconnected from the internet when you do this. After the reset, restart the box and see what happends. I realize this may not work but I think it is worth doing just to eliminate all possibilities. I know for a fact this MUST be done anytime a box is moved from one location to another. If you have further probs with an IPTV Reset please feel free to PM me. If you do it and it still doesn’t work, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Bullwhale
    first off i do not have one of these boxes.
    first thing i would do if it was me id read the sticky by crazed2.0 the sticky above in this section 5 one down from the top.and i would follow it to the t.
    #2 i would try it with the wifi first and not have the Ethernet cable plugged in to the box.In that stick crazed2.0 tell you at the begging in what sequence thing should be connected.
    and if i went to use the Ethernet i would try a different cable.

i no some times thing can get frustrating.
    and its best to just take a break sit back and do some thing different then come back and start from scratch
    good luck

good advice duhhud and 85146, Ill keep looking for suggestions also
    I gather darkness to please me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast