shadow..... that's a good idea. 85146....... no I didn't have the portal info in the box when it was at my friends because I didn't have the URL, user and password info with me. I did get the "edit portal" screen so I could have entered the portal info IF I had it with me. Like I said........ I figured no big deal...... I had the needed update so I'll take the box home and put the URL, user and password info there. However, when I got it home and fired the box back up........ instead of getting the "edit portal" screen like I had before....... I got the "cannot connect to market" red warning box. I then hit OK and my box went to the "blue screen of death"..... that's the one with spinning white arrow...... I now affectionately call it the "you ain't going nowhere screen". LOL. I'm gonna try the IP sniffer. If I don't get anywhere I'll enter the portal info using my friends ISP...... and then bring the box home and see if it still works. I kinda doubt it will because I believe these boxes have to talk to their cloud IP, but it's worth a try.