Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok some feedback for what its worth. I have been testing this addon on FTMC 16.2-30 The my post about dropping was definitely a wifi problem.

I installed Kodi 17.6 and Installed IPTVXTRA. I had to read the directions included on the screen. I was able to pull the quide and watch channels.

In the FTMC I would get an error clearing cache and could not read it all something about folder exist and a path for the FTMC android files. It did configure the simple client and I was able to watch it. I also pulled the VOD section and it looks good but did not use it much.

I fell back on the box, factory reset and wipe, chasing a wifi bug. I reinstalled Super Celeron's SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus ROM.

Its a clean image not rooted, when I installed IPTVXTRA this time, I get that same path error when clearing the cache but after a couple tries it configured the simple client. I cleared my tv.29 and epg xml files. Reset my sub, loaded it up it pulls channels and it pulls the guide but opening the guide shows blank list no channel info and I can not play a channel. ( Fixed the blank guide by turning off minimize on playback and turning on using full screen video. I don't get the little preview player in the top right corner but the playing full in the background and the guide is populated I don't know why it wont show the guide with the little player window)

I disabled simple client , setup stalker client and It pulled and populated the quide and it plays. I don't know if this is helpful information but I know it worked before so thanks for your work.

I have the logs if anyone is interested in them.
    Last edited by Waylotul; 02-20-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Found a work around to the blank quide.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylotul View Post
    OK I will confirm that I installed this and its working! Pretty slick kens! Hats off to all of you guys that have spent time helping us. I am familiar with the GUI. The importing of the guide from the clients demonstrated many channels no in English. FTMC it took a little bit but its working its fast! I went into live TV channel manager and hid all the non English and sports, but I still see non English or hidden channels imported but its very complete. I was not using your quide until today. Its nice. I was using Potato TV on this same box! Thanks Again!
    I think the quide pulling for channels that are actually not active in my channel manager may be a FTMC issue. It seems that KODI 17.6 does as expected but I have to check it.

OK been working off and on with it and I seem to need to adjust my cachmembuffer in network settings for Kodi. I say that but for now, I see it seems to play a couple minutes and just terminate playback, I can open it again. I tried a few channels. I will tinker with some settings to see if that helps. gotta do stuff to make money.
    If you're using Kodi 17+ then you have wrong settings in your advancedsettings.xml. <cachemembuffer> is changed to <memorysize>

Here's an example for you:

<advancedsettings>
    <splash>false</splash>
    <network>
    <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout> <!-- 60 -->
    <curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime> <!-- 300 -->
    </network>
    <cache>
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
    <memorysize>314572800</memorysize>
    <readfactor>10</readfactor> <!-- 30 -->
    </cache>
    <videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> <!-- Also clean library during library update -->
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    </videolibrary>
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>

edited to remove small step back as it has been replaced per the wiki
    Last edited by expatter; 03-09-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Thx for feedback. Will check adult.
    The best part is coming in the next version!!
    Takes all the VOD Items, makes a .strm file for each, then loads them into the Kodi Video Library. The files are then scraped for metadata using Universal Movie Scraper.

I released the basic functioning add-on because a couple of users where having problems with Stalker, and was getting tired of trying to help.
    Probably by tomorrow.
    /kens

Nice work kens, the logic of .strm and scaping for metadata is sound, but IDK about importing all the VOD into user's libraries. People wouldn't have libraries tailored to their personal preference with that. I personally wouldn't allow that kind of control to any addon. But then I don't want to see the whole lineup of any sub that I have either, I prefer using my own m3u. Still, kudos to you!

Thanks for that update, I didn't realize that the names of the tags have changed.

Looks like the old EZ Advanced settings add-on is useless for making the fast changes to these settings but works in the old FTMC. I had no idea.

I like hiding the splash, it lets me know it was actively being applied when Kodi opens.

I just activated the exact settings you provided and it is purring like a kitten.

Thanks expatter.

Thanks for that update, I didn't realize that the names of the tags have changed.

Looks like the old EZ Advanced settings add-on is useless for making the fast changes to these settings but works in the old FTMC. I had no idea.

I like hiding the splash, it lets me know it was actively being applied when Kodi opens.

I just activated the exact settings you provided and it is purring like a kitten.

Thanks expatter.
    You're welcome! Keeping up with the changes in Kodi can be a challenge, lol. It's a good rule of thumb to check their site periodically and see what's shakin.

This advancedsettings is good for 1 GB of memory which from all indications is a good standard. You have to remember that for the amount of RAM you allocate, that you should have 3 times that amount free (available). I use this setting on most of my installs but I also have one that I double on a box that has 4 GB of RAM. When you get into Leia x64 then you utilize 4 or more GB if you have the specs for it. I have a test rig on an Alienware gaming box with 16 GB of RAM that I use every now and then. It's blazingly fast!

Yeah, thanks again. I have 2gb on this H96pro+. I put those settings in yesterday, ran it all day just to burn in the hardware after all the changes. It works reliably with your advice.

so this new addon by kens

it creates .strm files for all the VOD into user's libraries? I will check that out see how it manifests in the GUI and see if the importing quide is faster in Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Good job... nice and lightweight! I didn't test the pvr transfer, but not really interested in doing so.

Issue on VoDs... "Adults" will still show using default settings.
    I can confirm this Krytpon 17.6 just installed it. There are several adult links. I enabled the filter for language and genre. Cleared cache, restarted and still have it. The title is not there but there is text for TGV= something there. I also get an error 21 when clearing cache on this one. Channels populate and load and play. The empty guide issue only happens when I minimize on playback.

It also does this in my stalker client. Brand new setup hmmmm.

Thanks expatter.
    There is a new add on to replace EZ Advanced Settings for Kodi 17+, its called TT Buffer Fix.

How to install:

Code:
     http://koditips.com/stop-buffering-in-kodi-now/

this plugin works great !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast