Thread: Box hdmi & a/c

Electromagnetic Wrangler Extraordinaire

Box hdmi & a/c

looking for a box for Kodi with both HDMI & A/V cables that work??
    Thanks
    something here

theres so many android boxes out there if you google it. you will find so many bro.kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Electromagnetic Wrangler Extraordinaire
    I should have ask for one that works good. I have a MyGica 1900 and it has both HDMI and A/C
    but the A/V is very bad. I checked with MyGica last year and they said they know the A/C
    does not work well. So I am looking for something I can Tape from??????
    Thanks
    something here

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcshain View Post
    I should have ask for one that works good. I have a MyGica 1900 and it has both HDMI and A/C
    but the A/V is very bad. I checked with MyGica last year and they said they know the A/C
    does not work well. So I am looking for something I can Tape from??????
    Thanks
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "works good". I have three W95 Android boxes and I have one hooked up to a fat back (CRT) SD TV via the AV port. It works as well as anything hooked up to a SD TV I guess. All functions work as they should albeit hard to read a lot of the text due to the low definition. When I first hooked up this box it seemed to be in either a higher definition mode than the SD TV could handle or it was in PAL mode (not sure) but the picture was gay, rolling, and grainy. I had to hook the W95 up to my HD TV to see where the controls for the display were at then hook it up to the SD TV and do a blind movement through the menus to get the display changed. Once changed the picture works fine (at least as fine as you can get with an SD TV). I had to change the screen size in the display setting to get everything on screen but that's not a hard task. The AV cables do not come with the W95. I borrowed the AV cables that came with my BuzzTV xpl3000 and they seem to work with no issues.

Now, since you say you want to record to a VCR (since you said "tape"), I'm going to assume you will have your Android box hooked to your HD TV via a HDMI cable and at the same time have the VCR hooked up via the AV cables. As far as I know this set up will not work on any box. All boxes that I've played with will not feed signal to both the HDMI port and the AV port at the same time. Preference is always given to the HDMI port and the AV port will be cut off. If you unplug the HDMI cable the AV port will activate when the AV plug is inserted. If you have the box set to 720P/1080P/4K (whichever) you will not get a picture on the VCR. From my experience you cannot change the definition output of the box to 480I/P while the HDMI is hooked up and retain this setting when plugging in the AV cable. You'll have to set up the display settings all over again when going to SD. Your best bet would be to have a dedicated box going to the VCR and leaving it at the SD settings. This however will pose a problem when viewing the picture on your HD TV as the resolution displayed will look horrible.

Your best bet is to buy a BuzzTV as it allows you to record live TV channels, and Exodus in Kodi will allow you to download movies/TV shows. I too like to record occasionally but with Kodi it's like a personnel PVR that someone else does the recording for you. I haven't really needed to record anything in years. I would forgo the AV port and the dump the VCR and use the tools Kodi provides.

get active
    I would advise you to look for a box which has a Mali T820 graphics processor with 3gb of ram, 32gb rom and supports HD UHD HDR recording. The more it supports the better whether you need it or not. MyGica has always had issues when it comes to their software as they like to promote their boxes with various features and when the rubber meets the road, they come up short on the features that actually work as they envisioned they would. I was going to buy one of their latest boxes until it was not going to come with some of the features they stated during their promotion.

P.S. You can download and install Kodi on any box with Android 5.1 or higher. Try and get a box with 7.0 or higher .... with root if possible.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 03-27-2018 at 01:05 PM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Sorry too Bee so Late with this...! You can always get one of these :

Am using one with Me KODI and a Rear Projection HDTV that for some unknown reason doesn't have a HDMI Input...!