Buzztv 2000 and Youtube

Now I had this problem a few months ago with another Buzztv 2000 ...Can't remember how I fixed it........
    I have the latest Youtube from Aptoide ..Same version as in my Buzztv Box 3000 (It works fine....no mouse needed)
    In the Buzztv 2000........Youtube opens fine but you can't do a search ....Just shows a Microphone ...but no keyboard.......
    I'm sure I have the latest firmware update ...and other updates including Jan 25th..............
    I have uninstalled the Youtube app .cleared the Cache in the box....reinstalled the App but it does the same thing......Also tried a different version from google play store...but that one does not let me control anything with the remote control ..........I'm trying to avoid factory defaulting the box........I have kodi just like I want it...............my Mobdro and Terrarium-Tv work just fine too
    So like I said.I know I had this same problem on a couple of 2000 models in the past and I fixed them but can't remember how.............

Anyone out there figure this one out........................???

Oh' by the way I also tried an older version of youtube from Aptoide..but that gave the same result.............
    Last edited by floder2; 02-14-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Ambassador
    From what I can recall when I had my unit, when the youtube app opens and the screen with microphone appears..... hit the back button..... this will bring up the on screen keyboard..... as you type it even gives you suggestions and also auto save what ever you searched for

Have fun mate

no....of course I tried the obvious

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    no....of course I tried the obvious
    OK, try installing an earlier version of YouTube, when I first got my buzz the keyboard would automatically show up. But I updated through the market and everything changed. Try an earlier version

I did try 3 earlier versions

Ambassador
    Do you have a Google account setup on your unit?

I did download a couple youtube apps from google play on the box...but they both needed a mouse to navigate.........don't want that..............It has to be an update that was sent to the box thats not working right....I know I read the update of 12/20 was suppose to fix this exact youtube problem ....it was stated in the list that the update was suppose to fix..........with the 2000 and 3000 box

Ambassador
    I think you need a Youtube TV app with keyboard functionality enabled within the app

latest Youtube tv app from Aptoide works fine .in multiple Buzztv 3000's ,,,,,,,,,,just not in this 2000

I downloaded the latest You Tube app from Aptoide. Opened up YT, looked for the search magnifying glass, highlighted it and it brings up search suggestions and to the right is a keyboard.