Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
    My wife and I went to see this Bridge on the way to Casa Grande AZ
    The moment i saw it I was hoping it could be our next raffle
    I did a bunch of google searches and come up empty handed About the only time i found anything was when i put in Lake Havasu or London bridge

American soft rock band Bread recorded a song called "London Bridge" on their first album, Bread, in 1969, when lead singer David Gates learned that London Bridge was sold and to be relocated in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. His thought at the time, according to the liner notes on Bread's album Retrospective, was, "is nothing sacred anymore?"[12]

The live country-western album Viva Terlingua, by Jerry Jeff Walker, includes an amusing song written by Gary P. Nunn entitled "London Homesick Blues." It is the lament of a Texan trapped in London and quite out of his element. A line in the song is "and even London Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona".

In the 1970 song "P.F. Sloan"[13] from the album Words and Music by American singer-songwriter Jimmy Webb,[14][better source needed] he refers to the relocation of London Bridge in the lines "The London Bridge was finally found, they moved it to another town, and now all the people gather 'round to watch the bridge fall down, but I don't think it will no more."

London Bridge plays a part in the 1993 movie Falling Down, starring Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall. The relocation of the bridge is mentioned and the lyrics and music of "London Bridge Is Falling Down" are heard in the movie.

In the 1985 TV movie "Terror at London Bridge" (aka Bridge Across Time), Starring "David Hasselhoff". Jack the Ripper is revived as the last original stone of the relocated London Bridge is laid. [15]

Congrats 'pointy'

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Cingratz to "Pointy" for Pointing out the London Bridge...! Great Contest, Lucky Winner with Only 3 Picks...! Lol...!

A Big THANKS to Farmer1, NBS and the Buzz team for the donation of the Buzz XPL3000, IPTVTalk for Hosting and to crazed2 for all He bee doing with the pics and the list of all the places (Post 501 on Page 51) so far making this thread a Vacationer's Dream...!

Bullwhale
    pointy...congrats to you....thanks farmer1 and nbs and crazed2.0 for the contest

Junoir Member
    Now I can't say I never win anything !!!
    A Big Thank you to Farmer1, NBS and the Buzz team for the donation of the Buzz XPL3000, IPTVTalk for Hosting and to crazed2 for posting pictures with all the guesses. I also need to thank Google. Without their help I would have never guessed it. In fact, I never knew that the London Bridge is in Arizona. Learned something new today.

Congratulations pointy. Many thanks to Farmer1 and crazed 2.0.

Congrats pointy...
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    Now I can't say I never win anything !!!
    A Big Thank you to Farmer1, NBS and the Buzz team for the donation of the Buzz XPL3000, IPTVTalk for Hosting and to crazed2 for posting pictures with all the guesses. I also need to thank Google. Without their help I would have never guessed it. In fact, I never knew that the London Bridge is in Arizona. Learned something new today.
    congratulation buddy. you are one of the luckiest person here buddy. im very happy for you. enjoy your new toy.
    Thank you NBS and the Buzz team for the donation of the Buzz XPL3000.
    A Big THANKS to our great Leaders Farmer1, and Crazed 2.0 for their time and support. everybody please big applause for them.kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

congrats pointy.

my next guess was going to be venice beach boardwalk...lol

Last edited by Farmer1; 02-27-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add pic

Bulletproof
    Congrats. Pointy. A new member only 2 months and "bang". Great contest. Thanks guys for all the fun. andkaal

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast