Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Force Reset File for Z7+ and T2

02/04/2018
    How to Force Reset (recovery facinit) Your Box

1. Unzip "update.zip" and store it to root folder(top folder) of your usb Stick memory.
    2. Insert it to your STB (Dreamlink T2 or Formuler Z7+)
    3. Power on STB with keep clicking channel up button on remote.
    4. STB will start auto recorvery.
    5. Wait until all processes are done and reboot.
    .That is all.
    * Important notice when it's failed. *
    Be sure recovery facinit file is stored to your USB memory stick.
    Check your usb stick memory if this _"recorvery_facinit" is still there.
    This file will disappear after one time use. so, you should check if this file is on the usb before starting factory recovery.

HTML Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f1maxx7vqaaqn/Recovery
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 02-05-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    Hello, thanks for the detailed installation instructions, looks simple enough, however I'm not sure what the purpose of this file is for?

Is this "recovery facinit" necessary for any particular reason? Is this a fix or required to perform a certain function?

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Hello, thanks for the detailed installation instructions, looks simple enough, however I'm not sure what the purpose of this file is for?
    Is this "recovery facinit" necessary for any particular reason? Is this a fix or required to perform a certain function?
    Its to factory reset your box if you have catastrophic issues.
    You wont need this unless you have serious problems.

TV Addicted
    Thanks for that info. That sounds awfully extreme...

I suppose this does more than the standard software reset & factory reset that is already accessible directly from the formuler box.

Junoir Member
    Hello,
    I recently purchased the Z7+ and immediately asked to flash to the latest firmware (which I did). I guess the firmware install didn't work because the box just reboots in a cycle from the formuler splash screen to the coloured circle. I've tried to reflash the box with a file given to be by support, to no avail. Continues to exhibits same behaviour. It was working fine prior to firmware update. The confusing part is that the image file provided is a 500k 'update' file. In the instructions it talks about making sure the recorvery_facinit is there? The only files in the zip.provided is the readme and the update file. Where does this recorvery_facinit come from? One thing to note when trying different things like CH UP without update file, it shows the android logo laying down with red ! . Please help.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    recorvery_facinit is just the name of the file folder.
    The update file inside is an .ird file and is the one that is used.

Is how I understand it
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    'Be sure recovery facinit file is stored to your USB memory stick.
    Check your usb stick memory if this _"recorvery_facinit" is still there.
    This file will disappear after one time use. so, you should check if this file is on the usb before starting factory recovery.'

So there is no file like that. If I look at other instructions it suggests creating a file named the same as above.

In any event, I tried recovering using the supplied file and it looks like it loads something. But on reboot it just continues to loop as before.

I will most likely have to return to vendor.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    yea, them directions are a bit confusing... they look to me like they were translated in-correctly when they were original posted thru that read.me txt.

'recorvery_facinit' in itself is not a receiver file.. it would have an extension with it if it was (like .ird or .bin or etc).
    I suppose the ird file would work like a batch file in a sense and is used and then dissapear when after it was accessed.

But i am sure them directions could have been more clear and is why it seems like they were translated not quite right

You have prolly done it correctly, and yea may need a return on that unit.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The only file in that recovery_facinit is a command file.
    It is confusing and honestly I never got it to work when I tried awhile ago.
    As crazed said,I would return the unit if it were me

Junoir Member
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast