Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junoir Member
    I have a WD 1TB external hard drive formatted to EXFAT hooked with a USB to my Dreamlink T2 G5. It will not allow me to record. Is there some setting in the Dreamlink that I need to program in order for me to record?

JagJon

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    is that drive empty ?
    I ask not because it makes a difference but maybe a re-format is needed,which will erase any content on that drive, so move the content off of it first.

If when the drive is inserted into PC and you can't move files off it or onto it, then it may be 'dirty drive'
    That can be fixed without loosing any content.

Insert the drive into PC or Laptop and right click on it and then follow path
    Properties > Tools > Error Check

You can perform that Error Check and fix any errors found without worry of loosing any files (like a re-format would loose/erase files).
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-22-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I erased hard drive and reformatted at EXFAT. Still get the message "Can't record this stream". What is the VFORMAT Button on bottom of remote used for?

Quote Originally Posted by JagJon View Post
    I erased hard drive and reformatted at EXFAT. Still get the message "Can't record this stream". What is the VFORMAT Button on bottom of remote used for?
    VFORMAT button is for 'pre-set' screen format settings like ZOOM and etc... and nothing to do with recording or recording format(s)
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-24-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Thank You....I presumed that, but needed to know for sure. My playlist recognizes my WD External Hard Drive. Gives me the same option twice to select. I tried new WD External Hard Drive 1 TB and still received "Can't record this Stream". Is there a setting on T5 that I failed to set for recording? I have watched numerous you tube videos and can not find the answer.

Thank You....I presumed that, but needed to know for sure. My playlist recognizes my WD External Hard Drive. Gives me the same option twice to select. I tried new WD External Hard Drive 1 TB and still received "Can't record this Stream". Is there a setting on T5 that I failed to set for recording? I have watched numerous you tube videos and can not find the answer.
    It could be that the streams are not able to be recorded from the server. That error message seems to say that.
    Try recording from something else, like Ytube and see how that goes..
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Would not record You Tube either. Stumped! Thank you for your suggestions.

Would not record You Tube either. Stumped! Thank you for your suggestions.
    Ytube may not have been the best choice as them are .flv formatted (mostly)
    Do you have another app onboard that plays movies ? If so try that.

The T1 plus model I have here gives the same error message with LiveTV and vod channels.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Im having same issue. I get "Can't record this stream". However, I used to record this stream days ago. Maybe I pressed some button or setting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12