Junoir Member

No video on XPL2000

I bought an XPL2000 about 6 months ago and until now have had no problems at all. The the other night I fell asleep on the couch watching a film. When I woke up the Tv had auto turned off. I turned it back on but the box was not showing any video, the TV just said no signal being received. I turned the box on and off, the light still lights up at the front when I press the button or use the remote but nothing happens on the screen. I tried swapping HDMI cables and unplugging it for 5 minutes but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened and how to fix it?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecky View Post
    I bought an XPL2000 about 6 months ago and until now have had no problems at all. The the other night I fell asleep on the couch watching a film. When I woke up the Tv had auto turned off. I turned it back on but the box was not showing any video, the TV just said no signal being received. I turned the box on and off, the light still lights up at the front when I press the button or use the remote but nothing happens on the screen. I tried swapping HDMI cables and unplugging it for 5 minutes but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened and how to fix it?
    Issue is probably to do with HDMI connection recognition, so it seems that yes you are on the right track in trouble shooting.
    If you can try another HDMI cable or another thing to try is an HDMI switch. That Switch can cost a few dollars thou and may not fix the issue. So try another cable first and with a powered off Buzz box when connecting or disconnecting. Even try with the Buzz powered up if else fails.
    I did have the same sort of issues here with this Buzz xpl and tried a few HDMI cables but in the end the Switch got it working and now I no longer need that Switch and will work with previously failed HDMI cables.
    I did already have a Switch, so it was handy.
    An HDMI Switch is basically just a hub with extra HDMI slots.
    These HDMI connections can carry a variety of signals, including... power, internet, audio/Video... so they can fail or even partially fail and even work normally after again.
    Could also be the TV refusing to recognize the HDMI connection ....after that sleep it had
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    Issue is probably to do with HDMI connection recognition, so it seems that yes you are on the right track in trouble shooting.
    If you can try another HDMI cable or another thing to try is an HDMI switch. That Switch can cost a few dollars thou and may not fix the issue. So try another cable first and with a powered off Buzz box when connecting or disconnecting. Even try with the Buzz powered up if else fails.
    I did have the same sort of issues here with this Buzz xpl and tried a few HDMI cables but in the end the Switch got it working and now I no longer need that Switch and will work with previously failed HDMI cables.
    I did already have a Switch, so it was handy.
    An HDMI Switch is basically just a hub with extra HDMI slots.
    These HDMI connections can carry a variety of signals, including... power, internet, audio/Video... so they can fail or even partially fail and even work normally after again.
    Could also be the TV refusing to recognize the HDMI connection ....after that sleep it had

Cheers for the info, you were right, it was something to do with the HDMi recognition.

I got it working again by just using a different HDMI cable in a different TV then when I plugged it back into the original TV it was working again.