Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    just tried it
    went from buzz to zoomtak and back to buzz using same mac
    no problem
    This is of course with the assumption you are using Papiao services since other services aren't allowed to be discussed here.

I have tried this method and it simply does not work. I have an AVOV box and a Buzz box. Since I cannot change the AVOV mac I changed to the Buzz mac to match that of the AVOV box. This was in the hopes I could move from room to room with ease as long as one box or the other was turned off.

I turn on the AVOV box and it connects and I can watch TV. I turn off the AVOV box go into the other room and turn on the Buzz box and it simply will not connect. I go to the Papiao site and do an IPTV reset and now the Buzz box will connect. I turn off the Buzz box go back to the other room turn on the AVOV box and it will not connect. I do an IPTV reset and now the AVOV box will connect. It's an endless circle.

The point of entering a different MAC into the Buzz is to match another boxes MAC (even if it's another Buzz box) for ease of moving back and forth between boxes. I have found this is not possible without constant IPTV resets which defeats the purpose. If I have to IPTV reset every time I switch boxes I might as well leave the original Buzz MAC alone.

cool thanks for that info always learn something new

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    This is of course with the assumption you are using Papiao services since other services aren't allowed to be discussed here.

I have tried this method and it simply does not work. I have an AVOV box and a Buzz box. Since I cannot change the AVOV mac I changed to the Buzz mac to match that of the AVOV box. This was in the hopes I could move from room to room with ease as long as one box or the other was turned off.

I turn on the AVOV box and it connects and I can watch TV. I turn off the AVOV box go into the other room and turn on the Buzz box and it simply will not connect. I go to the Papiao site and do an IPTV reset and now the Buzz box will connect. I turn off the Buzz box go back to the other room turn on the AVOV box and it will not connect. I do an IPTV reset and now the AVOV box will connect. It's an endless circle.

The point of entering a different MAC into the Buzz is to match another boxes MAC (even if it's another Buzz box) for ease of moving back and forth between boxes. I have found this is not possible without constant IPTV resets which defeats the purpose. If I have to IPTV reset every time I switch boxes I might as well leave the original Buzz MAC alone.
    I never mentioned the server
    and since this is the buzz section I posted my findings of changing the mac to match another box

Same mac 2 buzz

Can you do buzz to buzz with same mac without resets? as long as both are not on at the same time?

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sutterhome View Post
    Can you do buzz to buzz with same mac without resets? as long as both are not on at the same time?
    Sure! Give it try! Just make sure they not on at the same time because then you run into trouble

buzz wont hold mac change, turn off an on its the old mac...any secrets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sutterhome View Post
    buzz wont hold mac change, turn off an on its the old mac...any secrets?
    never had that problem...ever
    4 buzz boxes using same mac

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    never had that problem...ever
    4 buzz boxes using same mac
    me either ....

mac reset

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    me either ....

may have to try a reset

Warrior