Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted
    you can use a custom mac address for the buzz box by pressing the blue button when in settings and input any mac you want this way you do not have to use the original mac of the buzz box if you dont want to

thats awesome feature. thanks kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Ambassador
    What's the reason for using a different MAC?

I believe its for security reason.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
    What's the reason for using a different MAC?
    if you are already using a service on a different box and want to use the buzz you don't need the service to change to a new mac addy
    you can use the old one

Ambassador
    Thanks Dish. So if i have a DL I can put it's MAC in the Buzz and connect as long as the DL is off? Correct?

Banned
    Thanks Dish. So if i have a DL I can put it's MAC in the Buzz and connect as long as the DL is off? Correct?
    that's correct

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    if you are already using a service on a different box and want to use the buzz you don't need the service to change to a new mac addy
    you can use the old one

Not 100% accurate. If you have a sub on something like stbemu/shield setup you could use the same mac on the buzz and get it working on the buzz. However going back to the shield isn't possible as the mac/serial/other info is now tied to the buzz. Even copying the serial of the buzz in stbemu won't work. Youll get an STB blocked error or something when you try to go back to stbemu/sheild. The sub will still work on the buzz.

I've tried copying the mac of a t2 to a buzz and that doesn't work either. Things may have changed as I did these tests a feeonths ago.

Where the changing of the macs comes in handy is say you're with a sub with reseller A and you find the same sub with reseller B and want to swtich to B. No need to get your mac released by reseller A or wait for the mac to fall off the panel or whatever. Just use a random mac.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    Not 100% accurate. If you have a sub on something like stbemu/shield setup you could use the same mac on the buzz and get it working on the buzz. However going back to the shield isn't possible as the mac/serial/other info is now tied to the buzz. Even copying the serial of the buzz in stbemu won't work. Youll get an STB blocked error or something when you try to go back to stbemu/sheild. The sub will still work on the buzz.

I've tried copying the mac of a t2 to a buzz and that doesn't work either. Things may have changed as I did these tests a feeonths ago.

Where the changing of the macs comes in handy is say you're with a sub with reseller A and you find the same sub with reseller B and want to swtich to B. No need to get your mac released by reseller A or wait for the mac to fall off the panel or whatever. Just use a random mac.
    I only use a server(s) that require mac so it's no problem
    I also have a zoomtak with stbemu pro that has all my services on it even though they are also on my M8,buzz and global
    no serial or anything else is tied to those accounts

Banned
    just tried it
    went from buzz to zoomtak and back to buzz using same mac
    no problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast