Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
just tried it
went from buzz to zoomtak and back to buzz using same mac
no problem
This is of course with the assumption you are using Papiao services since other services aren't allowed to be discussed here.

I have tried this method and it simply does not work. I have an AVOV box and a Buzz box. Since I cannot change the AVOV mac I changed to the Buzz mac to match that of the AVOV box. This was in the hopes I could move from room to room with ease as long as one box or the other was turned off.

I turn on the AVOV box and it connects and I can watch TV. I turn off the AVOV box go into the other room and turn on the Buzz box and it simply will not connect. I go to the Papiao site and do an IPTV reset and now the Buzz box will connect. I turn off the Buzz box go back to the other room turn on the AVOV box and it will not connect. I do an IPTV reset and now the AVOV box will connect. It's an endless circle.

The point of entering a different MAC into the Buzz is to match another boxes MAC (even if it's another Buzz box) for ease of moving back and forth between boxes. I have found this is not possible without constant IPTV resets which defeats the purpose. If I have to IPTV reset every time I switch boxes I might as well leave the original Buzz MAC alone.