Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Players - Perfect Player

niklabs.com

New update was recently released for the Perfect Player
    perfect-player-iptv-v1-4-4b (beta)

Perfect Player IPTV v1.4.4b4 [Unlocked]
    Requirements: Android OS v4.0+
    Perfect Player is set-top box style IPTV/Media player for watching videos on TVs, tablets and smartphones.
    Features:
    - Nice OSD menus and infos for easy and pleasant watching videos with minimum user actions
    - Scaleable OSD renders correctly with any screen resolution and selected font size
    - IPTV watching with channels groups, logos and EPG
    - Local files watching (from SDCard, USB, etc)
    - Video plugins support (online videos watching)
    - Supported playlist formats: M3U, XSPF
    - Supported EPG formats: XMLTV, JTV
    - udpxy (UDP-TO-HTTP proxy) server support
    - Can connect to IPTV data server (Perfect Player's PC version) to fetch playlist, EPG, logos and the ability to request playlist update right away by specifying only IPTV data server address in Settings
    - Can be controlled by mouse, keyboard, remote control, pointers, etc
    - Big controls panel is useful on devices with small screen size (toggle the pannel with the two fingers touch)
    - Extended EPG info viewing

WHAT'S NEW
    Change log v1.4.4b4:
    Added option to select buffer size (Hardware, Software, HW+)
    Added “Channels management mode” to manually sort channels and to sort by name (checkbox in context menu)
    Added the ability to select specific date and time of channel archive (at the end of archive programs list)
    Added FTP support for playlist and EPG downloading
    Auto-select playing channel on channels list reopening
    Other fixes and improvements
    This app has no advertisements

Perfect Player
    Niklabs Software
    Code:
    http://niklabs.com/
    Code:
    http://niklabs.com/android-version-1-4-4-beta/
    Code:
    http://www.uapkpro.com/2018/01/perfect-player-iptv-144-apk-unlocked.html
    Video Tutorial
    -credit /kens for bringing this to us
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nt5p5dvjlxq1wpo/PP_Android_NFPS_Tutorial.mp4
    Install Perfect Player from apk or googlestore.
    I looked but did not find it thru AptoidTV Market.

Once installed, open it and let it load. Should not take more then a few seconds to load.
    You can use a mouse connected to your device or the devices RCU should work fine as well.

The Setting menu icon should be seen at the top of the screen along with some other icons.
    The Settings is on the far right, and looks like a gear (the same icon for Settings is used with most apps)
    Open Settings to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -General
    -GUI
    -Playback
    -Advanced
    -Defaults
    -Unlock Full Version
    Check those categories and adjust things accordingly. Should not need to adjust anything for the novice user thou.

Open the General tab to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -IPTV data server
    -Playlist ... URL or file path
    -EPG ...... URL or file path
    -Logos directory
    -Plugins directory
    -udpxy server

You can explore all of these categories/tabs, but the ones we want are the Playlist and EPG tabs.
    Open Playlist and enter your server's Playlist URL here.
    If you are using a mouse, you can click on the small folder icon and find the path to your USB. If you have the URL in txt file, you can now click on that and the URL should be pasted in place.
    If not then type in the URL and then use the NEXT key seen on the KB (keyboard).
    Select M3U and add a name for your Playlist (any name will do).
    Then do same for the EPG
    Click OK and your Playlist will start loading.
    Top right of screen you can see the loading bar. That bar may go thru 2 or 3 times before the list appears, depending on the size of the list.
    Open a channel.

You can access that top menu screen anytime by using the menu button on your remote (or when not viewing channels, the Back button will also workk to bring up that menu).
    There is another menu screen accessed from the right hand side of the screen. A mouse will open this menu. If you don not have a mouse, that is okay because all the menu functions seen in this second on-screen menu are also found elsewhere.
    Open up the channel list by clicking OK while viewing a channel. Then scroll all the up that list till you can high lite the top options. A mouse would help here and then you simply click those options instead of having to scroll to the top first.
    Okay, with the top bar high-lited , you will see the arrows which change the categories (Movies, TV and etc...).
    There is also a small folder/file type icon here. Click it to open.
    This where we set EPG to show and a few other things like Add to Favorites.
    Make sure to scroll that menu screen down to see all the icons.

That's it basically to set up your Playlist thru URL
    Browse some of the options to get familiar with this Player.

A connected mouse almost always helps with these setups
    Double click the Exit button or Back button to bring up the Exit Player function.
    Right click mouse should do the same.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-01-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I downloaded this app ads keep poping up on bottom.
    Lets Go !

Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    I downloaded this app ads keep poping up on bottom.
    They do that with the free versions, a paid version would not have them adds.
    But try the download from the new link I added Bkman
    The new link is the uapkpro.com link
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The apk download at (uapkpro.com ) says ....... perfect player full unlocked ...does that mean its a cracked premium version ...with no advertising ??

I think you have to have had the premium version installed first in order for that 'unlock' thing to work with that new version.

I did use the uapkpro.com version on this T1 STB here and did not get any adds.
    There is also an Unlock option seen in the menus, I clicked it but it seemed to do nothing, is why I think maybe you would have needed the full premium version first... but as I say.. I see no adds with this apk

I did not try the apk from the source (Nikilabs) on the T1 but did open it in .exe form on Laptop and still did not see any adds, but I did not get far with that on Laptop and abondoned it

Reason why I knew about this newer version is because when i opened the excisting Perfect player on the T1, I kept getting an onscreen message to update to new version and that would lead me to Nikilabs page, but updating in that way thru the T1 did not work.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

OK thanks..i'll give it a try later............

Junoir Member
    Perfect player epg downloaded but the channels are not coming thru

Junoir Member
    Both the playlist and the epg but channels are blanked

Quote Originally Posted by devon 123 View Post
    Perfect player epg downloaded but the channels are not coming thru
    By default PP Hides the EPG data.
    To see the EPG. if using a mouse, at the top of the left of screen Channel list, and on the right side of the Genre (All Channels, Entertainment etc) click the small square icon (submenu). Click EPG Show EPG.
    If using a remote, with channel list showing, press and hold OK until the submenu appears, then select Show EPG.