Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pinball Wizard
    BLADE RUNNER 2 Gets Official Title, Setting, and Promo Pic

Blade Runner is a movie entirely about subtlety, hidden meaning, and exploring the themes of existence (if you’re not watching the theatrical cut, that is) and for the past 34 years, we’ve been left wondering what other, richer themes could be explored in a future world full of replicants. Next year, we’ll get our answer in Denis Villeneuve‘s vision of the future, and we now know not only what the movie will be called but the exact year in which it will be set in a real two-tears-with-one-raindrop situation: Blade Runner 2049, which puts it exactly 30 years after the original.

While that’s not a ton of new information, it does give us a few ideas we can extrapolate; for example, this means Harrison Ford‘s Rick Deckard who will be appearing in the movie is 30 years older. If he is indeed a replicant himself–something that has been a mystery since the director’s cut–then that means he, or someone else, has figured a way to extend the life of a replicant, which is exactly what the late Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) wanted and was the reason Deckard got dispatched in the first place. And if he doesn’t end up being a replicant, then we can imagine Rachael (Sean Young) perished long ago and he’s been living in seclusion alone since.

At any rate, that’s all speculation. What we do know is that Ford will be reprising his role and that Ryan Gosling will be the star in some capacity. In a way to bridge the gap, as it were, Warner Bros. released a promotional still of Gosling, Ford, Villeneuve, and original Blade Runner director Ridley Scott, who will also serve as producer on Blade Runner 2049.

We’ve been knocked out by all of Villeneuve’s films to date (Sicario, Prisoners, Enemy) and we just saw Arrival and flipped for it. So having Villeneuve at the helm of a sequel to such a distinctive vision of the future–along with a script by original film writer Hampton Fancher and American Gods creator Michael Green–has us beyond stoked for seeing more androids dream of electric sheep.

Produced by Alcon Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros, Blade Runner 2049 will hit theaters on October 6, 2017.

What do you think we’ll get in the future of 2049?

Pinball Wizard
    ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

John Carpenter’s 1981 classic Escape From New York is getting the remake treatment from Fox and Studiocanal, which is not a sentence I’m excited to type, but at least John Carpenter is an executive producer, and they tapped Neil Cross, the creator of BBC’s Luther starring Idris Elba, to pen the script, so at least something is going right. And now we finally know more about the changes made in the Escape From New York remake, according to ten story details revealed by The Wrap.

A couple of the biggest changes are that Manhattan isn’t a maximum security prison in the remake, and Snake Plissken isn’t saving the President of the United States in this one. Rather, he’s capturing a playboy heir named Thomas Newton in an artificial-intelligence controlled, drone-filled Manhattan. In other words, this Manhattan sounds more like a gated community, a prison of their own making. Newton is standing in for the Duke of New York as the movie’s villain.

We also finally find out Snake Plissken’s real first name.

His full name in the script is Colonel Robert “Snake” Plissken. Yeah, Snake is definitely a cooler name. Stick with that.

The film will also include an opening scene similar to the one deleted from the original film, in which Plissken is captured while robbing a bank. Other changes include a gender-swapped version of the CIA Deputy Executive Director originally played by Lee Van Cleef, and Plissken’s mission will be complicated by the Hurricane that is en route to New York City.

Pinball Wizard
    Jigsaw Will Return in Saw: Legacy

Jigsaw is back, baby! Yes, it has been confirmed that Tobin Bell will reprise his role as the infamous serial killer with a game to play in this year's Halloween release Saw Legacy. But don't expect him to dominate the movie, as the actor is only expected to be back in a limited capacity.

When it first arrived over 14 years ago, Saw was considered a groundbreaking film in the horror genre. And it spawned 6 sequels, bringing the saga to an end in 2010. For seven years, it was a Halloween tradition. That tradition returns this October 27 with an all-new installment of the iconic series. But what is this next chapter about? And is it a sequel or a reboot?

Bloody Disgusting has the answer with exclusive new plot details and the confirmation that Tobin Bell will be crawling out of that proverbial grave at least one more time to torture a few well-deserving individuals.

Up until this point, plot details have been kept mum. Except a few set photos did reveal that there will at least be some grave robbing going down in the opening moments of this next installment. Now we know that Saw 8 opens with bodies turning up all over the city. Each corpse has met their own unique demise. An investigation gets underway. And all fingers point to John Kramer, aka Jigsaw.

But how can this be? Jigsaw has been dead for more than a decade. The belief is that an apprentice has stepped in to pick up the mantle left behind by Kramer. And the clues may lead to someone embedded within the investigation.

Neither Costas Mandylor nor Cary Elwes, both exposed as Kramer apprentices in past installments, are returning for Legacy. The new cast includes Mandela Van Peebles, Hannah Anderson, Laura Vandervoort, Brittany Allen, Callum Keith Rennie, Matt Passmore, Hannah Emily Anderson, Josiah Black, Shaquan Lewis, Michael Bolsvert, and James Gomez.

The Spierig brothers, Peter and Michael, will be directing this latest installment of the Saw series. They are best known for their cult efforts Undead, Daybreakers and Predestination. Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger wrote the screenplay. They previously collaborated on Piranha 3D, Piranha 3DD, and Sorority Row. Mark Burg and Oren Koules, who have been with the been with the franchise forever, are returning to produce.

Saw 8 is currently in post-production. Jon Cor's Ryan from the last installment, 2010's Saw 3D is rumored to be back in this sequel. Ryan was seen in the opening trap with Sebastian Pigot's Brad in Saw 7. Writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan previously revealed in that film's commentary track for the Blu-ray and DVD release, that it was Ryan and Brad who were wearing the pig masks at the end of the film, leading to speculation they may be the ones who unearthed Jigsaw's grave. Jigsaw died in Saw III, but he has been featured through flashbacks in the subsequent Saw movies. With Tobin Bell returning here, it sounds like Saw fans are in for even more flashbacks. Unless Jigsaw has a, gasp...Twin Brother? But they wouldn't do that...Would they?

Pinball Wizard
    The Matrix is reportedly getting a reboot

The Matrix is getting a remake. That’s according to The Hollywood Reporter, which says that Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a rebooted version of the 1999 cyberpunk classic, with Creed star Michael B. Jordan as the potential headliner.
    "Michael B. Jordan is reportedly in talks to star"

Zak Penn is currently in talks to write a treatment for the reboot, The Hollywood Reporter claims. Penn is best known for his script work on several superhero movies, providing story assistance for other established writers on X-Men: The Last Stand, The Avengers, and Elektra. Jordan, too, has yet to formally commit to the project (which is itself in early stages), but is reportedly in talks for a major role.

Original Matrix producer Joel Silver reportedly approached Warner Bros. with the idea of creating a new film in the franchise, but The Hollywood Reporter says the studio was worried about a range of issues, including his reputation for budgetary excess, and his relationship with Matrix trilogy creators the Wachowskis. The producer was also reported to have sold his interest in the Matrix movies in 2012 for some $30 million.

The publication says that the Wachowskis — who both wrote and directed the original movie and its maligned sequels — are not currently involved in the new project, but speculates that Warner Bros. would want their approval at the very least before continuing. The siblings are seen to have more value to fans than Silver, although they may not end up taking a major role in production. Original star Keanu Reeves had indicated that he would be willing to return for another Matrix movie were the siblings involved, but THR says Warner Bros. is likely to choose another star and director — even if Michael B. Jordan does not sign on.

There’s no set date for the remake to start production yet, and like the planned Matrix TV show, the project could still get canceled. Some within Warner Bros. apparently see the property as untouchable after its monumental success, but as The Hollywood Reporter notes, the potential of a new cinematic universe built on one of the most engaging movie worlds of the last two decades could be too tempting to pass up.

Pinball Wizard
    Edge of Tomorrow 2

When Edge of Tomorrow hit theaters back in 2014, it wasn’t as big of a success as Warner Bros. Pictures hoped. The sci-fi blockbuster pulled in $100 million at the domestic box office with another $270 coming from the rest of the world for a total of $370 million, which isn’t bad for a movie on a budget of $178 million, but it wasn’t a runaway hit. Still, a sequel was put into development last year with director Doug Liman back behind the camera and Race writers Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse scripting the sequel.

Now we have an update on Edge of Tomorrow 2 that includes the official title for the sequel, as well as confirmation of the return of both leads from the first film. Find out what Doug Liman had to say about development below.

Collider caught up with Doug Liman in an interview for his upcoming film The Wall, and the conversation eventually turned to Edge of Tomorrow 2, which has a title that those who didn’t catch the film in theaters might be more familiar with.

Live Die Repeat is the title that Warner Bros. Pictures gave to Edge of Tomorrow when it hit home video. The studio denied officially changing the title, but it was made much more prominent on the artwork for the VOD release as well as the Blu-ray and DVD. Since then, I’ve heard plenty of people refer to the movie by its new title with no knowledge of its original title, so the attempt by WB to rebrand the movie apparently worked.

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that Warner Bros. is using the new title as part of the sequel’s title. It’s a little bit clunky, but it also fits in with the plot device of the first movie where Tom Cruise relives the same sequence of events over and over again. Does the new title indicate that we’ll see the same plot device used in a new way? Previously Doug Liman said the movie would not only be a sequel and a prequel, so it’s certainly possible and even likely. Liman also said it would “revolutionize how people make sequels” without explaining exactly what that meant.

The best news is that both Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt will both be back. The return of the latter was always assumed, but never confirmed, so it’s just nice to have that solidified by the film’s director. It’s just a shame that we lost Bill Paxton this year, because it would be great to have his scene-stealing character brought back.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Anything with Emily in it is what I live for !!

Okay, not so much
    But I do luv her on the big screen. Great great actor in all her roles. She has that certain thing.... you know the thing ?
    Tom Cruise I could do without, but every now and again I do like one of his roles. I liked him and his play of the role in the first Edge of Tomorrow.
    Speaking of which, that story-line was done well in the movie, Emily Blunt and Tom both could not have played it better, well maybe ... they could have changed the name of the movie a time or two more

It gotta be hard to make a sequel to a story line as we had in this movie.
    Reading what Doug Liman says there, this may be interesting to see the results.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Pinball Wizard
    I know that thing, i liked the movie too. Would love to see it on 4K when is available, even though i already seen it like 5 times. Good story line!!Lose Tom Cruise he is in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    I know that thing, i liked the movie too. Would love to see it on 4K when is available, even though i already seen it like 5 times. Good story line!!Lose Tom Cruise he is in everything
    Put Bill Paxton in place of Cruise..
    Bill could still use his old role and be the one that relives each day.. Emily would have to be tough on him ... lol
    that could work
    - Ren

hey Laser, speaking of actors and roles that I live for... How is the Margot Robbie (aka Harlequin) sequel looking ?

and Deadpool ?
    and will Morena Baccarin be in the sequel ?
    I live for her too
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    - Ren

Pinball Wizard
    Margot Robbie so far just rumours, she is a hot commodity and set to start filming a new film soon, Deadpool 2 is set with Morena coming back from what i hear. I also hear about World War Z sequel is on also but getting pushed back to 2019...hopefully sooner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast