Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Players - ProgTV

ProgTV - the simple but convenient and universal software for watching TV and listening to radio channels over Internet or local network.
    credit goes to mameyo1 for bringing this to us
    Developer: Andrey Borodin (Prog)

Support for various types of data sources:
    - IPTV over HTTP/TS or over UDP-proxy. Multicast only if your device support that. Blind search.
    - Support of one or more M3U(M3U8),XSPF channel lists. Channel logos, guide, autoupdating.
    - Guide (EPG) in XMLTV and JTV formats support (include zip, gzip)
    - Internet TV and Radio. ITV format of lists (from ProgDVB)
    - Support of Kartina TV, Xtream-Codes IPTV panel, ..
    - Torrent TV links in M3U or other links format.
    - DVB over IP.
    - SAT>IP.
    - Client of ProgDVB for receive channels from DVB device.

Main functions:
    - TimeShift
    - Record.
    - Scheduler.
    - Subtitles.
    - Information about channel format.
    - Interface is optimized for phone, a pad and TV (include remote control using).
    - Support of more one channel list in same time.
    - Favorites list.
    - Per channel zoom and ratio settings.
    - Equalizer,AGC, Spectrum.
    - Folder for user logo of channels.
    Code:
    http://forum2.progdvb.com
    here's the .apk version of this Player...
    Code:
    https://apkpure.com/progtv-android/com.progdvb.progtva
    and googlestore
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.progdvb.progtva&hl=en
    ytubes updated and working now
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po11kMnLlJQ
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PngZXmOeCWs&t=48s
    for firestick
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vbc8ErM03A
    A wireless mouse or air mouse will really help with this setup procedure.

Install progtv and then open it on your device.
    Find the TV Sources option and open that.
    Your progtv may initially open on the Main Menu screen and there you would see the menu selections. TV Sources will be shown there. Or it may open onto the TV Source screen . Either case the very top left side of screen the menu page you are currently viewing will be shown there in Bold type with a 'Back' icon button shown beside it.
    In TV Sources menu, the first choice is ITPV Client and then another IPTV Client.
    Click on one of these and that's where you enter your playlist URL

-M3U generic Plus or with Options is the list you want for EPG and Icons.

You can also enter the EPG URL here too. That's the line that is labeled as GUIDE.

Then scroll down to bottom of screen page and use the OK option.
    Then click the big back button seen at the top of the screen page (found beside the TV Sources heading).
    You should be taken back to Main Menu with the choices on the left side of the screen.
    Click on Update and that will update the URLs you just added.
    After it has updated successfully, click on the Guide to check that out or the Channel List option and that will now open your channels.

You can also copy the URLs on a text document and put that on a USB device and insert that device into iptv receiver. then you can simply paste them URLs instead of typing them.
    This is explained further in post #2 on this tutorial thread.

You can get into your USB device from here too. The path would be mnt/usb/sda/sda1

Using a mouse helps alot here.

*A couple helpful points from dandrade2...
    -Use the M3U generic list with options for progtv
    -Set the options as 5000 buffer with 1hr interval for auto-updates.

You can change menu screen sizes and the text onscreen sizes.
    Select how to see the channels,weather by name, numbers, or some other chooses here.
    Many more functions with this application that you can mess around with.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-31-2018 at 04:31 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    When you open and need to enter the Playlist URL and also the EPG URL into the proper Client slots, there is a much faster and easier way to do this, rather then using the onscreen keyboard and either with the RCU or a mouse and typing out the full URLs.

Most Players will have similar functionality, but here's how with prog....

First we need the Playlist URL and the EPG URL

When you retrieve a Generic m3u Playlist (with options) form the website, at the same time copy the URL (with mouse function, highlight the full URL of the Playlist and right click on that and choose Copy).
    Then on your PC desktop, create a new txt doc (with notepad), name it something simple, like ....m3u_epg_URLs
    Open it and Paste that copied Playlist URL there.
    Then also paste your EPG URL into your new text wordpad doc as well.
    Take that doc after saved and closed, and transfer to USB drive.
    Insert drive into your receiver.

Now when you enter progtv and want to add the Client Playlist, simply scroll to the Playlist empty line and depress the OK function with the RCU or click on the line with your mouse (click just above the line or just off to the side is correct).

This brings up a context menu with some choices.
    If you choose 'Select file' , you will eventually find the USB drive, but that takes you the long way. So instead choose 'From text file"
    You should now see the .txt file that you named. Or you may have to follow the path to it for the initial time (nmt or storage should take you there)

Click it and both m3u and epg URL that you put there will now show.
    Choose the Playlist URL now and then do the same for the EPG line.

Progtv does this function better then I experienced with other Players.

Easy Peasy

I see alot of ytubes on this setup and no one so far that I seen has explained this great time saving function... so there it is, no more typing out them long URLs

Insadently, the Copy from Clipboard function would work too if you are running Progtv on laptop.
    When you copy something with your mouse, it is stored on the 'Clipboard' until you paste it some where.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-06-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

progtv playlist url....404 not found after getting link form iptv search what am I doing wrong?

I installed this (free) for grins on a laptop and had it up and running in about 10 minutes. Since I have my m3u already, all I did was click on file>open>and pointed to the m3u on my nas. I didn't download the NET since it's already on the system for Kodi. All the channels seem to work fine. Just another option for using the playlist option.