Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Question Netflix App Not Working Correctly...???

Hello, been trying to get Netflix to work on this new box (Formuler z7+) for nearly a week now.. Having so much trouble with this app.

I downloaded netflix v.4.16.1 build 15145 directly from the market located on the main home screen. At first install I was able to get a connection and was prompted to sign into my netflix account. I log in, and I'm able to scroll and view the movies. Seems to be working for that initial moment.

Then when I reboot, something goes wrong. When I go back to open the netflix app, it never connects. It sits there on that black screen with the letters "Netflix" and a circle below going round and round. It finally times out letting me know it can't connect..

(FYI: my network is running fine and can connect to youtube and my iptv setup without any trouble)

I had decided then to check out the new version that was available on the "google play" store. I download and install the currently available updated netflix v. 5.11.3 build 25442 and this time I'm able to login. No problem there. Except, this version from the google play store doesn't allow me to scroll up or down to view the movies.

When I reboot, I'm able to log back into this updated version of netflix without any trouble again, (unlike the netflix version from the "market place"). However, still, unable to scroll up or down.

So, to recap, the version from the market place will no longer connect after initial install and reboot.

The updated version from google play, does connect and logs in every time after reboot, however the up and down button on the remote does nothing. A much needed functionality.

I tried hitting every button and can't seem to figure this out.

From what I'm now understanding, it looks like the version from the google play store is designed for the tablet devices. Which may explain why I cant use my remote.

And the version in the market place seems to be designed for an android phone device and does scroll fine, except after rebooting I can't seem to get connected again (as described above).

I posted this message after much searching around online and not finding much answer's pertaining to my situation. Is anybody experiencing any similar issue with netflix on the formuler z7+ device?

Is anybody able to get Netflix to work on this box set? Is there a fix or am I missing something?

I tried resetting the box twice (software reset & factory reset) and also have a mini i8+ keyboard and still not able to figure this out.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Congratulations on your purchase of the z7+, I also bought this.

I had experienced the same issue with you when it came to Netflix 5.11.3. There is a new update to Netflix 5.12.0 build 25744 released yesterday (Jan 20) but I have yet to try this version to see if it will fix the problem about scrolling around and selecting videos.

Upon my research of Netflix 5, it has a feature in it that wont allow it to stream on rooted devices. I'm not certain that the z7+ is fully rooted but that it's partially rooted to some degree. I have same keyboard as you and was able to navigate using the mouse pad section but after selecting my video i got stuck on Loading and it never went anywhere else. There is supposedly a way to get this to work but it requires deleting a file with the root directories as this a safe guard for HD streaming as it would only stream in SD.

I had no issues using Netflix 4.16.1 build 15145 but I side load most of my apps, In the past I've even manually updated my Play Store and google services manually on my T1+. If your not familiar with side loading I can direct you on how.

Here is the same version of Netflix your trying to use but from a different source for side loading.

Code:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-4-16-1-build-15145-release/netflix-4-16-1-build-15145-android-apk-download/download/
    I used it last night and I no issues, only thing you missing out on from later version is the offline viewing stuff. I've also tried to use the Android TV version 5.0.3 and it works but tells me is has issues connecting to the Netflix, and then comes up with a 2nd flag this it's not designed for my device.

One thing I did notice about z7+ is that even though I fully power down the box, and reboot it, all my previous apps are still running in the background even after a complete restart. So I hold down the menu until it shows me all apps running in the background and press up to dismiss them. That could be part of your issue, also do you put your box in Standby or Power Off mode?

TV Addicted
    thanks for that message zeno, I want to like this formuler box, the user interface is much nicer looking than my dreamlink T1. Although on the T1, Netflix worked great.

I went to check on the version I was running on the T1, it's a much older release from 2016 (version 4.5.2 build 7740).

Thanks for sharing the download link to netflix. This new version 5.12.0 build 25744 does not yet seem to be updated in the google play store through formuler.

I would like to try and sideload a different version of Netflix onto this device for testing purposes and hopefully be able to properly use the app. I wasn't sure if you can sideload on the formuler.

Is that possible? How would I sideload on the formuler z7+?

I'm not entirely sure about the sideloading. I recall sideloading apps back when I was on my firestick. I think I was using ES File Explorer at the time...

It's nice to know that you were able to use netflix on this same box without any troubles. That means there is hope..

I also later stumbled across that function when pressing the menu button which shows apps still running in the background. This was nice to see as I didn't have this feature on the T1. I tried closing all apps and rebooting but to no avail.

I would completely Power off (pressing and holding the formuler power button and selecting "Power Off"), as well as just "restart". Still same thing.

I would like to try and sideload that version of netflix 4.16.1 build 15145 from that other source. What are the steps to doing this?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    ES File Explorer
    File Browser
    AppInstaller
    Commander

and many more applications will allow side loading apk files.
    Check the Market on that Z7+ box for them apps or something like them apps
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thanks for that note crazed, I found and installed ES File Explorer through "google play".

Will I need to connect my formuler box to my PC to sideload?

I can sure use some direction....

TV Addicted
    OK, so I figured out how to sideload on the Formuler z7+ using ES File Explorer. So nice to be able to do this.

I installed Netflix 4.16.1 build 15145 from the APKMirror site (same version as the one in the market place) but was having the same issue. I was able to successfully log in upon initial install. Scrolling up and down the pages worked well. But as soon as I power off the box and power it back on, I'm not able to log into Netflix. Something wrong with this app.

I uninstalled this version and decided to try the version that worked without any troubles when I was on the T1 box. I sideloaded version 4.5.2 build 7740 and guess what, it worked perfect...

I close all background apps, power off, then power back on and successfully launch netflix and scroll away... Nice to have a working version of Netflix on this box. So if anybody else is experiencing any trouble with their Neflix app, I can confirm this older version which I installed is working great.

I didn't try downloading the newer version yet. I may, but for now I'm satisfied. Thanks again for all the help......

Glad you were finally able to get up and running. Thanks crazed for helping him with the rest .

I've been exploring the box to see the differences between T1+, and there isn't much differences but the layout but the GUI is better, but then again if you go to the right on a T1/T2 you likely see the same programmable boxes. Play around with more APKs when you find the time until you get to the one that is close to being stable before the final version.

TV Addicted
    Thanks zeno, this netflix app I now have installed is not perfect but it's much more responsive than a few of the others I tried including the one in the market place. I'm able to fully use the app now although there are some areas where it doesn't seem to work correctly with just the standard remote control. For instance, when I enter a tv series and view the episodes, I only see about the first 8 or 9 episodes on the screen. Using the formuler remote your unable to scroll down (while in this episode selection page) to view the remaining episodes in any given season.

But if I reach for my mini i8+ keyboard I'm able to overcome this by pressing the left mouse button and swiping my finger across the touch pad. This seems to be working for now. It's a little tedious to have to use the keyboard but at least there is a way to have 100% functionality.

Being able to scroll is a necessity on Netflix. I suppose on an android mobile device you can simply swipe your finger across the screen and the page will scroll away. On a setop box (like with fire tv or roku) the netflix app will fully work as intended using their standard remote. That got me wondering if maybe we should have a release designed to work specifically for setop boxes and a remote.

Searching through the apkmirror site I found that there has been many releases for the android tv version.

Code:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=netflix+tv
    I later tried installing a few of those releases but was never able to get it to work. They just wouldn't connect and log into netflix.

So for now I must make due with what I have, it's working pretty well for the most part.

I still have my T1 and just saw another post on here about being able to side load on there...

Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?35777-side-load&highlight=side+load

That got me interested in the T1 again...

Thanks again to both you and crazed..
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-25-2018 at 02:05 AM.

The version 4/5 Netflix will never be perfect on these boxes as they are intended for mobile devices as are most apps that are available thru google play for T1 Plus/T2/z7+ . I tried the latest 5.0.3 of the Android TV version and i got the same error of not being able to connect to there servers. That was the moment I realized that my Rii was essential for Netflix, but also everything else.

When the T1 first came out you were unable to side load any apps, hence why there was and still is is a request thread for that device where Captainkangaroo relayed our requests (including mine) to dreamteam to add new apps to the Local/Aptoide Market. When the T1+ came out this was still a bit of an issue but was remedied because you had access to the Google Play Store, once the big update came out for DreamOnline 2, thats when things changed and you were suddenly allowed to sideload apps on both T1/T1+ using the basic file manager that comes stock on the system. With that being said that when all these apps that gave you more access to your box came out. Just recently Teamviewer QuickSupport app allows you to access the box remotely so you can help friends/family who aren't as tech savvy operate there box. This was a big thing when these boxes came out. The request system is there for the not so tech savvy user and the Dlite users as well because there is no app support other then whats in the local market I believe (don't quote me on that).

I have 3 boxes in my home all with the same apps sideloaded on each using the on board file manager, and although I opted out of the T2, I got the z7+ which is essentially the same box with more RAM. There is really no difference between a T1+/T2/z7+ as they share the same processing chip, biggest difference is the Android OS and RAM where the z7+ is concerns and no internal WiFi for North American versions.

It all comes down to experimenting with your box, if your willing to take chances. As i said in a previous post above I used to update my Google Play Store and Google Play Services manually so I was on the updated version of both, though a firmware update wold kills that lol. As I know there is a Android TV version of Google Play Store and Google Play Services I just dont know how well it will play and I'm not exactly taking that risk myself right now lol.

Enjoy your box my friend :P

P.S Code your links

TV Addicted
    Nice to learn about the sideloading capabilities with the T1. I was never aware of this feature and always hoped to have such ability. Will have to try that sideloading on my T1 using the file manager....

I'm familiar with teamviewer as I have used it to remotely log onto my home pc while away. Although I prefer using radmin...

I'm enjoying the formuler and also decided to go with this unit due to the additional memory. The updated OS is also a plus.

You mentioned "Google Play Store and Google Play Services". You know what's interesting is that prior to wiping out the box (software reset & factory reset) I had the Google play services icon under "my apps". For some reason the icon is no longer visible although the app is installed, just no more icon. *shrugs*

By the way, how do I code my links...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast