Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing ?

TV Addicted

Freezing ?

Is it just me or is the IPTV freezing all the time. I'm on Kodi 17.6 with 4 different devices and they are all doing the same freezing. Starts on a few channels then most all the channels. Worked fine this morning and now nothing but freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Netconn View Post
    Is it just me or is the IPTV freezing all the time. I'm on Kodi 17.6 with 4 different devices and they are all doing the same freezing. Starts on a few channels then most all the channels. Worked fine this morning and now nothing but freezing.
    I suppose it depends on which service and portal you are using, but on my Kodi 17.6 setups I never have any freezing. Channels outright just not working for weeks is a different story.

This is why it's a good idea to have more than one service for IPTV; none of them are what you could call reliable.

TV Addicted
    I'm using rocket & potato TV. All the other apps in Kodi work fine like covenant, exodus, etc. It's working fine now in the morning. I'm thinking it's the bandwidth we're getting, not nearly enough for everyone streaming. Since IKS is gone there must be lots more users on IP streams. I hope they fix this.

Junoir Member
    This is getting really old, it seems that every month for the past 3 months, we have had episodes on freezing on most channels that persists for days sometimes weeks with out anyone doing anything about it (NO ONE IS LISTENING). Not to mention the moving of CNN and MSNC without explaining to anyone where the channels went until at least a week after the server changed.. I hate to be here complaining but there is no point in selling subs if you cant watch a channel with out freezing interruption.. I will not be renewing my subs I have 4 rockets.. I have had enough!!! Better services out there .

i am sure a lot of subscribers agree with this article because all i do is when it starts this unwatchable nonsense just switch to mobdro on my m8s which is a free app and the same channel comes in perfect

get active
    I use Kodi and an addon to watch CNN, MSNBC, Foxnews and a few others whenever the freezing starts up. I have watched the same channel on two different android devices with no freezing at all. Oddly enough it was an HD channel with very high picture quality which really made me realize Kodi is very capable of producing the same quality of video as any other iptv server. It took me a long time to find which addon and which link in the addon but its worth the time and trouble once you get everything working smoothly.

TV Addicted
    IPTV is getting worse everyday. Buffering, freezing, missing channels, kicked off over and over.

get active
    Some members may not be aware that the latest STB Emulator Pro version 1.1.1.4 makes a huge impact on freezing issues but you should check to make sure your STB Emulator Update has all the boxes checked in its Settings. I did 3 updates today and the latest one really brings the buffering and freezing to almost non existent. Many know that there are several servers that come up in Kodi 17.6 when using addons. If one server doesn't provide a smooth picture, Stop and return to the menu and select a different server until you get a smooth picture without freezing or buffering. Only real complaint I have is the pairing up that usually brings my interest to a halt. Too much trouble and not worth the time especially when the server is HD and it doesn't provide a clear picture. Anyway, be sure to keep updating and avoid using an older version.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    Some members may not be aware that the latest STB Emulator Pro version 1.1.1.4 makes a huge impact on freezing issues but you should check to make sure your STB Emulator Update has all the boxes checked in its Settings. I did 3 updates today and the latest one really brings the buffering and freezing to almost non existent. Many know that there are several servers that come up in Kodi 17.6 when using addons. If one server doesn't provide a smooth picture, Stop and return to the menu and select a different server until you get a smooth picture without freezing or buffering. Only real complaint I have is the pairing up that usually brings my interest to a halt. Too much trouble and not worth the time especially when the server is HD and it doesn't provide a clear picture. Anyway, be sure to keep updating and avoid using an older version.
    what does stbemu have to do with kodi?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser1 View Post
    what does stbemu have to do with kodi?
    Exactly. Kodi don't work that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast