Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English channel

Thank you tonyi1000, i will try that tonight for sure!!
    B

TV Addicted
    Things that make ya go Hmmmm. My old netgear DM111PSP modem and 5 year old Belkin -N- router still kickin! The thought that ISP could be causing trouble maybe through their modems and or routers by maybe updating firmware..... That is a good thought to consider! Hopefully some of these people that are having so much difficulty can get going again! Good suggestion! Have a great day!

TV Addicted
    This will calm the board down once people see its not the provider, its the ISP causing something (not sure if it s firmware or something hidden on there end.)to stop the channels from coming in.
    I had 8 People in 3 weeks for this problem. All are resolved by either the router being replaced or the modem being replaced. 3 were the router and 5 were the modems. the replacement modem that we used is the sb6141. routers we used were netgear a/c 1750 6300v2. a dlink a/c 750. and a couple of older routers as well. its weird....

My mag256 is wired with linksys 2500 router.I unpluged it from the router and connected it directly in the modem and ..
    "VOILĂ€" It came back to life immediately.
    Thank you tonyi1000,this was a geat idea.
    An hour ago ,i connected the mag with the router again and so far so good it keeps working.I wanted to if there was something in the router setting that i could change. I might just well buy an adaptor to plug the mag256 directly into the modem. I`ll see if it`s still working tommorow
    Thank again for the help Bobclown

Quote Originally Posted by tonyi1000 View Post
    This will calm the board down once people see its not the provider, its the ISP causing something (not sure if it s firmware or something hidden on there end.)to stop the channels from coming in.
    I had 8 People in 3 weeks for this problem. All are resolved by either the router being replaced or the modem being replaced. 3 were the router and 5 were the modems. the replacement modem that we used is the sb6141. routers we used were netgear a/c 1750 6300v2. a dlink a/c 750. and a couple of older routers as well. its weird....
    thank you buddy.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    No, bobclown, Something happened last night. Now it looks like everyone is back on. For now. we'll see. that was a test it looked like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12