Junoir Member

Dont care about losing satellite functionality Kodi update on dreamlink T6

Hello,

Is there any way to update the included kodi version to the latest one, tried all the ways i could think of but still not successful to update. Is there any way i can update this kodi version to the latest one so i can get more benefits out of this box, such as installing other iptv pvrs etc, since Iks is dead who cares losing satellite functions. Please let me know.

Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    problem with this is that the newer Kodi versions need a minimal Android Operating System of version 5.0
    And the T6 has a lower Android OS, which is Android version 4.2.2
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    problem with this is that the newer Kodi versions need a minimal Android Operating System of version 5.0
    And the T6 has a lower Android OS, which is Android version 4.2.2
    Thanks for the quick reply, is there anyway to update the Android version to the newer version such as 5 or even 6? Lets keep talking on this since dreamlink support team wont release any newer firmware for this pricey box we have to somehow find a solution to turn this box in much of a more useful box.

Thanks

you can not update the Android version on the T6, no

You can play with .apk file installs. Do that thru Kodi > Programs and the there are a few ways to do it.
    Use the AppInstaller or File browser or ES File Browser

You would take an .apk file like progtv
    Code:
    https://apkpure.com/progtv-android/com.progdvb.progtva
    Put that apk onto a USB drive and insert into T6

Open AppInstaller and find the USB and open that. You should see the content of USB now. Find your apk there and click on it to install.
    That app can be used with m3u Playlists.
    File browser or ES File Browser will install the apk in similar fashion.
    Then find the Player in the Programs (on the Kodi bar) and in Android Apps
    With some of these Players, they work okay on the older Android OS

Players I have installed and used on the T6 include...
    ProgTV - this is a long time supported app and has many functions, and not just a m3u Player.
    PlayList Loader - m3u Player
    Simple IPTV with mxPlayer -m3u Player
    VLC Media Player - not much success seen with this.

I been looking for an app called WEB (TVonWEB Emulator) ... it is a Stalker emulator and I wanted to try it on the T6
    That app comes included in the Avov's Market and I have used it on that box, but yet to find it in apk version to try on this T6

There are endless possibilities with these apk installs.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-21-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    you can not update the Android version on the T6, no

You can play with .apk file installs. Do that thru Kodi > Programs and the there are a few ways to do it.
    Use the AppInstaller or File browser or ES File Browser

You would take an .apk file like progtv
    Code:
    https://apkpure.com/progtv-android/com.progdvb.progtva
    Put that apk onto a USB drive and insert into T6

Open AppInstaller and find the USB and open that. You should see the content of USB now. Find your apk there and click on it to install.
    That app can be used with m3u Playlists.
    File browser or ES File Browser will install the apk in similar fashion.
    Then find the Player in the Programs (on the Kodi bar) and in Android Apps
    With some of these Players, they work okay on the older Android OS

Players I have installed and used on the T6 include...
    ProgTV - this is a long time supported app and has many functions, and not just a m3u Player.
    PlayList Loader - m3u Player
    Simple IPTV with mxPlayer -m3u Player
    VLC Media Player - not much success seen with this.

I been looking for an app called WEB (TVonWEB Emulator) ... it is a Stalker emulator and I wanted to try it on the T6
    That app comes included in the Avov's Market and I have used it on that box, but yet to find it in apk version to try on this T6

There are endless possibilities with these apk installs.
    Thanks a lot bud will try this for sure in the morning up... thumbs up for your support for the community and these forums..

been running progTV on the T6 for some time now.

There are glitches to be seen.
    If you spend too much time scrolling (especially quickly scrolling) the channels in the channel list, the app will crash and you would have to start it up again. Or same thing happens if you are too quick with the remote functions, sometimes it will crash the program. And one other troublesome area is when you switch between catagories it will sometimes crash.
    Using the T6 remote over a wireless mouse seems to be more stable.

But if you are careful not to go too fast with your command inputs, overall it runs pretty smoothly on the T6.
    The T6 remote will do everything needed, I always say to get a wireless mouse or mini keyboard for these setups, but the T6 remote does a fair job and with no functionality loose in any area of the program.

Might wanna try it out for chits and giggles
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    the t6 isn't a good box
    never was
    time to move on
    not a bash...just the truth

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser1 View Post
    the t6 isn't a good box
    never was
    time to move on
    not a bash...just the truth
    The T6 is an example of what could have been.

Moving on is fine, but that does not mean the T6 needs to be thrown in the trash.
    I take the T6 off the shelve every now and again to play around with it. It is at the very least, fun to mess with, unlike any other.
    FTA and iptv both working fine at present, with using the correct goods on the T6.
    - Frank Zappa