Junoir Member

newbie wondering

hi,
    can one donation on mag254 be also used for kodi iptv or need to order 2

You can't used them at the same time and you risk getting block but the server....I wouldn't do that if I was you.

get active
    I have Kodi loaded on my box but I use Kodi separately from my donation. Kodi does not require a donation unless you want to combine and use Kodi with your donation. You may get better and more precise answers to your question if you post your question in the Mag section of the forum. You will see a list of receivers and a separate section for Kodi each section provides more defined answers from the members who use those specific areas of the forum. I don't have a Mag box so you may get better advice from a member who does.

Bullwhale
    I take it your are talking about using the 2 platforms on 2 different boxes i do not have a mag so i don't no if you can put kodi on the mag.if its 2 different boxes the mag use a 00:1A:79 in the mac and kodi uses 00:1A:78 in the mac so you WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR MAC every time you wanted use the other platform,it would be a pain in the butt to keep changing it and doing a iptv reset every time you wanted to use the other box. so i would say get 2 donations its alot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
    hi,
    can one donation on mag254 be also used for kodi iptv or need to order 2
    You can use the donation on any Platform, but not at the same time and, as kind of noted above, you would have to do an IPTV Reset when going between the 2 units (no need to change the MAC#).
    A better method is to generate a Playlist using the Templates, which are available in the m3u section, and use that with IPTV Simple client in Kodi, or any other program that accepts an m3u Playlist.
    * No Reset required
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 01-17-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    You can use the donation on any Platform, but not at the same time and, as kind of noted above, you would have to do an IPTV Reset when going between the 2 units (no need to change the MAC#).
    A better method is to generate a Playlist using the Templates, which are available in the m3u section, and use that with IPTV Simple client in Kodi, or any other program that accepts an m3u Playlist.
    * No Reset required
    /kens
    Thanks all for the replies. I got the idea. I need 2 donations if i want to watch/use at same time. what I was thinking that because the donation on mag is in a room that i don't use much at night and wondering if that same donation can be set up for Kodi iptv /Potato...etc so i can use it as needed (when Mag is off of course). Now i will search on how to generate playlist as Kens mention, just don't want to do thing that cause the Mag254 not working
    thanks again