TV Addicted

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis won`t exit.

I am running a Yuntab android dox with Kodi 16.1 on it with about 30 addons in Kodi. When Kodi is started everything works fine along with the addons all working, but about 10 to 15 minutes using Kodi addon if you try to exit Kodi the box just sits there forever. Once in a blue moon it will exit if you sit and wait 2 to 3 minutes. I have done factory resets on the box and fresh install of Kodi and the problem still exists. Any feedback on this problem would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bashabear View Post
    I am running a Yuntab android dox with Kodi 16.1 on it with about 30 addons in Kodi. When Kodi is started everything works fine along with the addons all working, but about 10 to 15 minutes using Kodi addon if you try to exit Kodi the box just sits there forever. Once in a blue moon it will exit if you sit and wait 2 to 3 minutes. I have done factory resets on the box and fresh install of Kodi and the problem still exists. Any feedback on this problem would be much appreciated.
    It's all the addons; that's an obscene amount of them! When you go to exit Kodi, the system has to go through every addon and close them out before the system can exit. If you insist on having that kind of setup, you either have to wait however long it takes or you can edit the relevant xml file in the skin to include a /taskkill command and close will be immediate (easy to find exactly how to do it by googling kodi /taskkill). But doing it that way makes shutdown immediate however it doesn't allow the system to update necessary system files, so startup times will be longer to compensate.

Bottom line, too many addons.

TV Addicted
    Thanks expatter, that was the problem too many addons. I streamlined my list and now kodi exits within 10-15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by bashabear View Post
    Thanks expatter, that was the problem too many addons. I streamlined my list and now kodi exits within 10-15 seconds.
    I'm glad you got it sorted. I went through a similar experience last year, which is how I found out about the the taskkill option. I tried it for a few days, but in the end just disabled all but 1 addon and if I want to use an addon, I simply enable it while I use it and then 'turn it back off'. It was a problem last year to find addons that were working but they all seem to be ok again.

As far as speediness goes, kodi leia is blazingly fast.

thats why I hate custom kodi skins. glad working fine for you. thanks exporter.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.