Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

My unbiased review of The Vixo2

here's my review of this product I finally got my new Vixo2, and I was so disappointed for $200 you would think it would be an open source box !! I can't side load any apps, it is made of cheap plastic the remote is the worst and cheapest thing I've ever seen, ugly as hell the box very cheap if you drop it you might as well forget it its done. Apps are not user friendly Kodi would be great except for you can't put any apps you want on it. I hope this box can be rooted if not it will be going back ASAP !! I can't even get the stalker client to work in the Kodi part, I don't like the TVOnline app because the setup sucks the interface is so ugly and horrible. I've had a mx8 , Roku and a Ouya and this is the worst box out of all of them. My $39 Roku is made better than this box. Seriously it's horrible this is my unbiased opinion I know a lot of people are excited and really want to get this box but I'll tell you it is not worth $200. I'm sorry to be so harsh but really wait and see what comes out later.

TV Addicted
    From what I read you can side load apps for Kodi quite easily, via USB stick.. I don't own one personally but thats what I have read. I do respect your honesty Kcos but I have heard that there is a lot of hope for this box

Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    From what I read you can side load apps for Kodi quite easily, via USB stick.. I don't own one personally but thats what I have read. I do respect your honesty Kcos but I have heard that there is a lot of hope for this box

I tried using the USB stick and it won't show in Kodi for me. I know I was harsh but the box is not ready yet for the price of $200. Yes they say it will get better but as is very disappointing for me. Why not make it the best dam box by having it all... open source plus IPTV and Kodi ?? It's a android box but you really can't do much but add apps from their store. Then you can't even arrange the apps in the order you want? I just want peeps to know as it stands the box need more then just TVonline, kodi you should be able to load any app you want on a Android Box.

Are you sure you know how to use Kodi..?.......Try using the Addon Installer tool .........I have an Avov1 with XBMC (gotham) and can install zip addons separately via usb stick or use the addon installer tool...or fusion.......... Plus I don't believe RoKu can use Kodi.....Also it may help if you format your USB stick (Fat32)......i find the apps in Mickeyhop like 1Channel..Icefilms...Movie25...LosMovies...ECT.... .are easier to one click then going into Kodi...I did add Sports devil to my XBMC in Avov1...since Mickeyhop has not supplied that app yet
    Last edited by floder2; 05-27-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Fire From Within

$200 is way too much for a semi-android box, IMO. The key advantage of the STBs are ease of use, and tuned apps to connect to Stalker. I know that emulation is a WIP, however I'd rather have that and a large community behind Kodi and use those on an open platform. Can someone say what advantage do you have by using MickeyHop over other app stores?

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Are you sure you know how to use Kodi..?.......Try using the Addon Installer tool .........I have an Avov1 with XBMC (gotham) and can install zip addons separately via usb stick or use the addon installer tool...or fusion.......... Plus I don't believe RoKu can use Kodi.....Also it may help if you format your USB stick (Fat32)......i find the apps in Mickeyhop like 1Channel..Icefilms...Movie25...LosMovies...ECT.... .are easier to one click then going into Kodi...I did add Sports devil to my XBMC in Avov1...since Mickeyhop has not supplied that app yet
    Yes I'm sure I know how to use Kodi on my PC and MX8 box . My USB is (Fat32) I'm not a newbie at all been using XBMC for a long time. I'm wondering if it's the beta Kodi that is loaded with this box . But I can't see the USB in Kodi but when I go to settings it show that its there?? I will try loading from pc , I will let you know. But I also install the dropbox with Kodi and it won't let me download from it to. Where as on my other box I can.

PS and why won't the kodi work like normal where as you an add the addon with a URL???
    Last edited by kcos54; 05-27-2015 at 02:38 PM.

My guess is that AVOV wants to control their hardware and what software can be used..So they made it Proprietary,,,Some FTA boxes were like that namely (Nfusion)

Okay, Kcos, enough of this. What your are raving about is caused by your frustration at not being able to make the box work your way. Frustration is a killer to anyone trying to make something work. I suggest you carefully listen to these other users that have had good results. There will be no more trashing of this box or any other, thank you
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Did you try the addon installer tool...or fusion to add Repositories

Quote Originally Posted by kcos54 View Post
    Yes I'm sure I know how to use Kodi on my PC and MX8 box . My USB is (Fat32) I'm not a newbie at all been using XBMC for a long time. I'm wondering if it's the beta Kodi that is loaded with this box . But I can't see the USB in Kodi but when I go to settings it show that its there?? I will try loading from pc , I will let you know. But I also install the dropbox with Kodi and it won't let me download from it to. Where as on my other box I can.

PS and why won't the kodi work like normal where as you an add the addon with a URL???

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    My guess is that AVOV wants to control their hardware and what software can be used..So they made it Proprietary,,,Some FTA boxes were like that namely (Nfusion)
    Well that is just sad. This box could of been something to talk about if it was open. Because for the money and how cheaply made the box is and Kodi doesn't function normal it could at least have something for the price tag.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast