Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

DLite and m3u Playlists

FreeTV Pro was added recently, must have been as recent as this morning.
    With this app (which is a Player) we now have the option on the DLite to use the m3u Playlists that the service provides.

Great addition and thnx for listening Dreamteam

The operation of the FreeTV Pro app is pretty straight forward.
    Once the app has been opened, it will go thru the steps in opening and playing a channel thru the Server-A (which they have added by default).
    If you let it load all the way, the channel will eventually appear , its a weather channel... or you can stop it at the stage where it chooses LIVE or VOD.
    Either way, to stop it at those points use the Exit button on your RCU (remote control unit).
    You will know how far to exit because the red 'Add Server' icon will light up at the bottom of the screen.

Two ways to use the Playlist , thru a URL address or thru a m3u playlist file on USB drive device.
    I use the USB method and have to say that I never have tried thru the URL (which would be the Playlist's URL).
    Some of yous may perfer the URL

Sticky threads explain how to get a Playlist in hand...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ocket-Playlist
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-NFPS-Playlist
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...PTV66-Playlist

With Playlist on your USB drive, you can choose to insert it with the DLite powered off before you start... or you can insert it at this point (just after you have hit the red button).
    So hit the red button and the URL or USB choice comes up.
    Choice USB
    The next screen 'Select File' will be empty if you still have not inserted the drive with your .m3u file on it.
    Insert that drive now and watch it appear onscreen.
    Then highlight it ( a check should appear beside the file) and then hit the blue button on RCU.
    Next thing is to give it a name, any name will do. This is just for your reference.

Keyboard onscreen can be exited by using the RCU exit button.
    Then OK to exit the 'Add Name' screen. then exit one more time to bring up your server selection screen and your 'named' Server/m3u file should be there with that default Server A

You may have to change the channel once or twice if the first channel happens to be off-line.

That's it

I should also add that once you have downloaded your m3u file (with that Blue button), then you can remove the USB drive.
    Your Playlist is now installed and you will not need to insert the USB drive again, unless you want a new server/file added , such as an updated Playlist
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-12-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    that's good news

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser1 View Post
    that's good news
    yes it is great news.
    I was kinda confused when they added the Flash VPN app onto the Dlite, cause the DLite is only an iptv server box and most servers do not allow VPN IPs on their systems, as most of us know... but I left it alone..... Then I saw this app and forgot all about my concerns with that other
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    yes it is great news.
    I was kinda confused when they added the Flash VPN app onto the Dlite, cause the DLite is only an iptv server box and most servers do not allow VPN IPs on their systems, as most of us know... but I left it alone..... Then I saw this app and forgot all about my concerns with that other
    the servers I use have no problem with VPN
    with my ISP it changes constantly anyways so I'm never on the same IP so using a VPN is no different
    I only use a VPN cause my ISP is known for throttling users

TV Addicted
    So the FreeTV Pro has been on my box since day 1 a week or so ago when I first set it up. I saw when I was first playing with the program that you can add a server and use an M3U playlist which is good as another option but Im not sure why this would be of benefit as unless I missed it, there is no EPG with this application. So Im not sure how this is any better than using Live TV? I get it could be used for other playlists not associated with the service discussed on this site but not sure why i would use this method instead of the default program that the DL team Im sure would prefer us to use? If Im missing something please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    So the FreeTV Pro has been on my box since day 1 a week or so ago when I first set it up. I saw when I was first playing with the program that you can add a server and use an M3U playlist which is good as another option but Im not sure why this would be of benefit as unless I missed it, there is no EPG with this application. So Im not sure how this is any better than using Live TV? I get it could be used for other playlists not associated with the service discussed on this site but not sure why i would use this method instead of the default program that the DL team Im sure would prefer us to use? If Im missing something please let me know.
    Options with a Playlist are that you can arrange channels, delete channels and other editing functions. I think too that with a Playlist then more devices are open to use the service. And yea, there is no EPG with this method of the app... but there is the URL option method, which I never tried at time of posting. That may give the EPG if the added URL slot is available..
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-m3u-Playlists
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-17-2018 at 03:10 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

the servers I use have no problem with VPN
    with my ISP it changes constantly anyways so I'm never on the same IP so using a VPN is no different
    I only use a VPN cause my ISP is known for throttling users
    sometime you think its your ISP throttling but actually its not isp. its your old drop, rusty fitting at tap, or water damaged and loose barrel from years old located at point of entry of the house or water damaged drop chewed by squirrels. or may be loose connection inside of the house. when you stream and use multiple devices which is common now days, you need more forward and return frequencies. due to damage line or signal you will notice problem with your internet and you will blame isp for that. kof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighter View Post
    sometime you think its your ISP throttling but actually its not isp. its your old drop, rusty fitting at tap, or water damaged and loose barrel from years old located at point of entry of the house or water damaged drop chewed by squirrels. or may be loose connection inside of the house. when you stream and use multiple devices which is common now days, you need more forward and return frequencies. due to damage line or signal you will notice problem with your internet and you will blame isp for that. kof
    ever hear of speedtest?
    I have...lol
    my ISP has admitted to many customers they throttle certain url's

ever hear of speedtest?
    I have...lol
    my ISP has admitted to many customers they throttle certain url's
    speedtest mean nothing buddy by the way speedtest one of the easiest way for isp to fool their customers. check your RX/TX and SNR. make sure zero MER/BER's. ever heard of those things? I have lol kof loving it.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighter View Post
    speedtest mean nothing buddy by the way speedtest one of the easiest way for isp to fool their customers. check your RX/TX and SNR. make sure zero MER/BER's. ever heard of those things? I have lol kof loving it.
    been at this game since '95
    pretty sure I know a thing or two

and when my iptv buffers on my ISP but is freeze free with VPN it don't take a tech to figure out...lol
    oh and by the way...
    Recently, they've implemented new security measures to block Kodi add-ons from working. This was confirmed with me through a CIK Telecom representative that I spoke with. If you're a Kodi user, I would stay away from CIK Telecom, or purchase a VPN to circumvent censorship.

During on peek hours THEY WILL ALWAYS THROTTLE YOUR INTERNET SPEED DESPITE USING LOTS OF DATA OR NOT
    there's more if you wish to look