Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hch85 View Post
    now I did the setup bypassing the internet config and it went beyond the 'preparing to starting' and went into the settings menu. I tried to setup the wifi connection and now it's struck at 'check network connection' screen.
    I think that the dlite needs to be powered off in order to recognise the wifi upon start up.
    So i hate to say it, but power off and try again with that setup thru wifi
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    restarted the device and back to 'preparing to start' message. Looks like the device is having some serious issues connecting to the internet.

Is there a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 on that box ?
    Plug the wifi dongle into the other one, if not tried yet.

Hard wired thru Ethernet would be another thing to try, for symptoms
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    both are USB 2.0 ports. Tried the dongle in both ports and even tried a different wifi dongle. already tried many times earlier with a ethernet cable.

quoted below is from my own experience back when I had a Dlite box, (found posted in the above tutorial)...

Should see 'Loading' and 'Preparing to Start' onscreen messages along with checking for new updates. You can allow new updates now or wait till later and do that thru the Android settings menus.
    If that Checking and or loading of new updates fails or at anytime you get an onscreen message that says Can Not Load Market or Access market, then that means that your wifi internet connection has failed along the way some place and you will or may have to power off the receiver disconnect and reconnect that wiFi USB dongle (with antenna) and reboot again.If you press exit when that loading circle is still active, the message will come up Checking Network, or something. So really only way to proceed is to power off the box (unplug power or reset power switch at rear of receiver).
    If it still fails after powering back up, then power off again, disconnect WiFi dongle, reconnect dongle and power back on...

If it still fails, then connect an active Ethernet connection to the receiver (you do not have to power off for this, just connect a working Ethernet connection to the box and the onscreen activity should presume). Then once you get done and can properly use the menus, disconnect the power again and disconnect the WiFi and the Ethernet, then re-connect the Wifi to the powered OFF box and power up again and retry with only the WiFi connection.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I have read and tried everything mentioned in the post even before posting here. is there anyway I can update the device without the internet connection?

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    you will need internet to get updates.

Junoir Member
    so looks like returning is the only option for me

Junoir Member
    System said it was updating and then re-booted. Will not connect at all now. Says to check your internet connection or URL. Both are correct. Internet is connected and URL is correct. Why won't the system connect? I have the DreamLink D-Lite box. HELP....

do iptv reset
    Lets Go !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast