Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Dreamlink Dlite - setting up your Dlite

Connect WiFi dongle/antenna and HDMI cable before powering up the DLite.
    If using Ethernet connection, it is prolly best is to connect that first too before connecting power, but I have experienced that the DLite will recognize an Ethernet connection, even when powered up, but the same is not true for that WiFi dongle (it needs to be connected before power).

First screen is your language selection.
    Next will be the WiFi setup. It will show a list of possible wifi connections available. Choose yours and enter your WiFi key/password.
    When using the onscreen keypad along with the DLite remote (RCU), fastest way to enter the digits is keep it on the alphabet screen and when it comes to a number to enter just hit the number on the RCU, that works and then you don't have to keep switching between alpha and numeric onscreen key pads.

Once the key is entered,use the Exit button to save and exit the key pad.
    Before you exit this WiFi password menu, check the 'Show Password' box to ensure you have it correct.
    Next it will show 'Connecting' and 'Connected Success' messages. And then shows your Network Summary menu page.
    This has Signal Strength indication, Link Speed, Type of Security, Network IP and Connection to Internet indication (Yes or No).

Next step is to 'Skip' the wired network setup, unless you are not using WiFi and in fact are using wired connection, in that case we would enter the Automatic (DHCP) or the Manual (Static) options for Internet connection.

Next -adjust screen fit.
    Next -Select Region and Area and 24-hour format adjustment and date format and then the Setup is Completed.

Should see 'Loading' and 'Preparing to Start' onscreen messages along with checking for new updates. You can allow new updates now or wait till later and do that thru the Android settings menus.
    If that Checking and or loading of new updates fails or at anytime you get an onscreen message that says Can Not Load Market or Access market, then that means that your wifi internet connection has failed along the way some place and you will or may have to power off the receiver disconnect and reconnect that wiFi USB dongle (with antenna) and reboot again.If you press exit when that loading circle is still active, the message will come up Checking Network, or something. So really only way to proceed is to power off the box (unplug power or reset power switch at rear of receiver).
    If it still fails after powering back up, then power off again, disconnect WiFi dongle, reconnect dongle and power back on.

If it still fails, then connect an active Ethernet connection to the receiver (you do not have to power off for this, just connect a working Ethernet connection to the box and the onscreen activity should presume). Then once you get done and can properly use the menus, disconnect the power again and disconnect the WiFi and the Ethernet, then re-connect the Wifi to the powered OFF box and power up again and retry with only the WiFi connection.

okay if everything went well, next it will automatically go to the Edit portal onscreen menu.
    Before we continue, there on that screen it will show you the MAC ID of the receiver. The Dreamlink MACs all have the same prefix of 00:1A:79
    This is now when I go to the service website and log onto my code and attach the Dlite's MAC to the code. You can do this before you do any of this other setup on the DLite.
    You can find the MAC ID on the packaging box and on a sticker on the underside of the DLite... BUT do not do try attaching the MAC at the website after you setup the portal, always do it before you setup the DLIte portal's menu entries.

If you need help accessing the log in page or attaching your MAC addy, then first visit the providers forum areas here at iptvTalk website and look at the Sticky threads. Should be a Sticky thread there labeled as 'Login Credentials'

Okay with that done, we look back at our 'Edit Portal' menu and scroll right to highlite the portal screen and click the Edit button on that portal you have chosen, (I think there are 5 or 6 portals that can be used).
    -Add your info, with the portal name as anything you wanna name it... (this is what is seen when you choose which portal you want to start).
    Once Portal Name is entered, use the Exit bitton on your remote to save that. then choose the next slot which is Portal URL.
    -The Portal URL uses the URL prefix http:// which is already shown there in it's slot, so all you need to do is add the rest of the URL
    example = p2.iptvprivateserver.tv
    *this is where a wireless mouse comes in handy, to enter all this info ,,, is what you would think... BUT I have found when using the mouse for these steps that my info gets corrupted some how and the page defaults back to an empty Portal or a message appears that says I am not connected and I have to start again.So I stick with just using the RCU

-Use Exit to save and proceed.
    -Log in Required ? ... Check for yes and then DO NOT use the exit to save this time. If you do then it will default back to an empty portal and you will have to start again. So instead while still on that screen where you checked the Log in box, just scroll down with your RCU down button and high-lite the User ID slot and simply start typing in your 12 or 13 digit ID code. Now press Exit on the RCU to save.
    Then high-lite the User Password slot and press the OK button on your RCU and then start typing in your 12 or 13 digit code (same digits as your User ID).
    Exit to save.
    -Then the OK onscreen icon should be high-lighted, so use the OK button on your RCU and it should connect to the server.
    If it says to check your connection, then first recheck all the info entered is correct and try again usin the OK to connect.

If it then starts loading and the onscreen color is now all blue, then that's great as you have success.

UPDATE --- you may not have to enter the username and password at this time, so try it without entering them credentials, long as your MAC is attached toyour code it should work without the credentials added.

The first channel that tries to load may currently be offline, so if it does not pop in right away, then browse the channels till you find a working one, you should find one rather quickly as most do work

If you have had a dreamlink android in the past you will know that you have to open the DOL or MYONline TV app to get into the Portals and then if you want to get into the android menus you would have to exit the T1 DOL app or the T2 MyOnlineTV app to do that.
    This Dlite is different.
    It does use the MYOnlineTV app, same as the T2, but you do not enter it or exit it, it is always active.And the android menus are accessible even while watching a Live TV channel, simply by using the Menu button on your RCU and some onscreen options will appear off on the left hand side of the screen. That makes things fast and easy with no need to enter and exit DOL (or MyOnlineTv app in the Dlites case), everything is accessible even while watching a live channel.
    That particular feature I can get used to very nicely, especially while getting to know your DLite

While viewing TV channels, use the left arrow button on your RCU and then off to the left side onscreen there will be a list of Groups. This is not a new feature but is certainly an easy feature to access with this DLite.
    With that DLite you do have the Adult Group available too, just not so well seen.
    You may notice these adult channels are not in the regular lineup as seen thru Live TV channels, that's prolly the team's way to hide these channels from unsuspecting viewers , and works well in that aspect (satwatcher could not find them)

And also you do have the VOD (which many refer to as iptv's version of PPV).
    But scrolling the channels does not bring them up, nor does any onboard menu function.
    To see them thru your DLIte, look on your your RCU, look for the button labeled as VOD

Factory Reset function can be found in two places in the Dlite's menus.
    Start on the Dlite's main DreamOnLine menu screen for both.

1. Settings > User Settings > Reset to Default Settings.
    The Dlite will not reboot after this Reset.
    This Reset function keeps the initial setup's User Settings intact (like time zone and etc). Your Portal setup stays intact as well.
    Not really sure what this Reset does, if anything.

2. System > System (again) > Factory Reset.
    The Dlite will automatically reboot after this Reset.
    This Reset function erases everything and once it reboots you will go thru the initial setup right from start (time zone, wifi and the rest).

There is also a Software Reset found there too, which I have not investigated yet.

With either Reset, your installed Apps will stay intact.
    And if you had a m3u Playlist entered into the TV Pro Player, that will also stay intact after either Reset.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-25-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Hi,

I am struck at 'preparing to start', tried all the options mentioned above but still no use. is there a way to hard reset or going to settings from the current screen?

unplug the power cord and then reconnect it and let it try again
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    yes, unplugged and reconnected with ethernet cable and no wifi dongle. still struck at preparing to start

Quote Originally Posted by hch85 View Post
    yes, unplugged and reconnected with ethernet cable and no wifi dongle. still struck at preparing to start
    unplug power again, disconnect Ethernet, disconnect the HDMI cable, and plug power back in.. Wait about a minute or so and plug in the HDMI cable
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I was able to get to the settings this time. I have done a system reset and restarted the setup process and got struck again at the same point.

Quote Originally Posted by hch85 View Post
    I was able to get to the settings this time. I have done a system reset and restarted the setup process and got struck again at the same point.
    This could be happening because there is an upgrade waiting to be loaded.
    Try going thru the process again, but this time leave the internet disconnected.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    tried it. still nothing.

I have noticed that after connecting to wifi/ethernet. I am able to see the ip assigned but the connected to internet is No.

even without an internet connection, the box should still get passed that 'preparing to start' message.

Have you tried bypassing the internet configuration when setting up ?
    You can always set that up after if it will start for you.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    now I did the setup bypassing the internet config and it went beyond the 'preparing to starting' and went into the settings menu. I tried to setup the wifi connection and now it's struck at 'check network connection' screen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast