Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Setting Up the new DreamLink D-Lite?????

When I start setting this unit up, do I enter the same portal information as I used on my IKS platform? I ask because there's been a change in domain addresses since I last set up my T4 on IKS many years ago. Has there also been a domain change for "p1.iptvrocket.tv"? I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to type that in here. I mean no harm. I'm just trying to ask as accurately as possible to get accurate answers.

My Rocket Checker has no playlist chosen, and the current pull down menu says "select a playlist". Do I manually change that on the computer in the Rocket Checker page, or is that done on the D-Lite? Also, do I pick M3U, or M3U with options. I vaguely remember the M3U platform being discussed here, but can't seem to find it now that I'm researching.

My Rocket Checker also says "disabled" in the Internet Provider Lock section pull down menu. Again, do I change that on the Rocket Checker web page, or is that done automatically by the D-Lite?

I currently show "Active", and 59 days left to get this right. If I get it working, then I'll know to renew my subscription some time in late February.

Thanks for all of your help, and thanks for having several familiar "faces" (screen names) still here to work with. You guys are either very loyal to the cause, or bad cockroaches. You know. Always there when we turn the lights back on. Hope that creates the brief chuckle it was intended to make and doesn't insult anybody.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by satwatcher View Post
    When I start setting this unit up, do I enter the same portal information as I used on my IKS platform? No you enter your IPTV code for both username and password I ask because there's been a change in domain addresses since I last set up my T4 on IKS many years ago. Has there also been a domain change for "p1.iptvrocket.tv"? No, use the domain name you have asigned to you I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to type that in here. I mean no harm. I'm just trying to ask as accurately as possible to get accurate answers.

My Rocket Checker has no playlist chosen, and the current pull down menu says "select a playlist". Do I manually change that on the computer in the Rocket Checker page, or is that done on the D-Lite? Your best option is to link your DLite’s MAC address to the account. You will see your DLite’s MAC address in the settings area for a new portal. Enter this into the area on the Rocket Checker page in the MAC address area. Also, do I pick M3U, or M3U with options.When using MAC address option you dont use the M3U option I vaguely remember the M3U platform being discussed here, but can't seem to find it now that I'm researching.

My Rocket Checker also says "disabled" in the Internet Provider Lock section pull down menu. Again, do I change that on the Rocket Checker web page, or is that done automatically by the D-Lite? This option is your choice to enable to disable on the Rocket web page - same for Country lock

I currently show "Active", and 59 days left to get this right. If I get it working, then I'll know to renew my subscription some time in late February. Yep, good luck

Thanks for all of your help, and thanks for having several familiar "faces" (screen names) still here to work with. You guys are either very loyal to the cause, or bad cockroaches. You know. Always there when we turn the lights back on. Hope that creates the brief chuckle it was intended to make and doesn't insult anybody.
    Seee my responses in red Hope this helps, Im interested in hearing what you think of the box.

Chief Officer
    The question is what you think of this box didn't you just won one and almost the last one if farmer had let you.
    Mine is on it's way and i just read the specks yes i just play to win don't you all?
    one more question do you have to use the dlite mac? or it does not mater

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    use the Dlite MAC , yes

this receiver may surprise some as to its limitations, but that is how they made it and so the price can be dropped for those only wanting an iptv server and nothing else.
    I set up a DLite not long ago and it worked great for its purpose (which is iptv service)

Can't side-load apk files.
    When with an apk file (side-loading) it comes up with a message that the file type can not be loaded.
    I did not delve too deeply with the m3u files thou.... but to try that we would need a Player of some sort to be loaded first.

Another thing is that this DLIte may not let you get to any menus unless you first connect to internet (wiFi or wired).
    Upon setting up the receiver for the first time, do not skip that internet connection step expecting to come back to it later. Complete the connection before you go further.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-10-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by jony604 View Post
    The question is what you think of this box didn't you just won one and almost the last one if farmer had let you.
    Mine is on it's way and i just read the specks yes i just play to win don't you all?
    one more question do you have to use the dlite mac? or it does not mater
    I'm not the person who won the unit. I paid for mine, and waited for delivery. I saw some old acquaintances and familiar names saying great things about it. Since I trust those names implicitly, I figured I had to buy that product if I wanted to get my service up and running again.

Chief Officer
    thanks for the info crazed and satwatcher i was referring to 85146 won that box to see what he thought

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jony604 View Post
    thanks for the info crazed and satwatcher i was referring to 85146 won that box to see what he thought
    I planned to write a detailed review of the box but I am holding off to see if the EPG issues identified in my other post are resolved in short order. I don’t want any shortcomings experienced as a result of the provider to bias the performance of the box. I do see that this unit could be extremly impressive as a simplified, cost efficient platform for IPTV only (which I think is great idea for a niche market) if only it all came together in the EPG user interface. Currently it is not my ‘go to’ unit for this reason alone but I really hope that will change because it offers a lot of other positive features. More observations to come when the system is straightened out in the backend.

URL not responding
    I can't seem to make this work. Each time I try to connect, it says either "URL not available", or it says "check internet connection and URL port". The settings in the D-Lite say its connected to the internet and I can watch Japanese channels on Free TV, so its clearly connected. I've tried 11.iptvrocket.tv which is written on my original email.print out from this year's donation. It also said 1p.iptvrocket.tv in the Rocket checker page, and I've tried that. I also tried ending both of the 2 urls from my documents with suffex of ".is" and ".nl" just to try everything I could think of. They don't work either. I've tried entering my donation number in the user name and password. I've also tried entering my order number in the user name with my donation number in the password. I've also tried using my email address on file from my purchase as the user name and my donation number in the password. Maybe somebody can figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure it's something simple. I've also gone to the Rocket page and made the changes listed here in the forums like blanking out the MAC address and letting the D-Lite address be found automatically...etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The server URL listed at the website is usually the one to use, but that is not always the case.

1p.iptvrocket.tv
    Did you add the prefix of http:// ?
    And did you also try the full URL ? (which is shown with your rocket code thru the website).

The 12 digit Rocket 'Donation' number is both the Username and the password (same 12 digit number for both).

Is your Dlite's MAC address currently attached (linked) and showing as such at the Rocket website ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The http:// is automatically on the screen. I actually tried removing it and when I tried to connect it said "bad address" so I went back and it was already back on the screen again.
    I remembered when so renewed my OLD last year I had to enter my email address as my user name with my 12 digit as my password. Don't know why but it was the only way it would work. I tried it here just based on past experience, but it made no difference.
    I also tried the full URL because the Rocket checker page said if the 1p.iptvrocket.tv gave trouble to try the full address of
    1p.iptvrocket.tv/c/index.html and it didn't work either. Any more ideas? I may not try tonight, but I'll try tomorrow when I get home from work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast