Register

Thread: EPG Settings

TV Addicted

EPG Settings

While I will be writing a more detailed review of this box since receiving the one I won (thanks again!), I have a question on the way the EPG works. First, the guide is off 2 hours (ahead of actual time) and I don’t see anywhere to adjust this so I assume from reading other posts related to this issue this is a problem at the provider end? Second, there is no UK EPG data, again I assume this is a server issue? If these are not fixable at the user end, is this being resolved at the DreamLink/NFPS end? IMO, having this working properly is quite important to how the service is used. On other setups the m3u option using Perfect Player with /Kens EPG file populates apx 90% of the guide including UK channels. I would hope this box would at least have equal perfromance. Anyone with any insight on these issues?
    Other than this, initial impression of this box is pretty good but from a user experience the guide issue may be a deal breaker in its ease of use compared to other setups.
    Thx for any feedback!

TV Addicted
    As an update, I tried to change the box’s time to adjust the epg offset by 2 hours but it doesn't appear that there is a manual way to adjust the time, just the time zone settings which I could change but I want the box to have the correct time shown. I also found a setting for EPG mode that is ‘normal’ or ‘UTC’. All that happens when I change it to UTC is the guide is then 7 hours off. Still no UK data and some US channels have ‘no information’. The Perfect Player setup on a basic android box in comparison loads perfectly.
    CaptainKangaroo, any advice?

Hope they can fix issue with update soon
    I gather darkness to please me...

Close all Apps, then
    Android settings,
    Date & Time
    Turn off Automatic time and use manual time.
    Change your timezone +/- to reflect offset amount.
    Set your Time +/- back to actual time.
    Try the LiveTV
    Dont turn off your unit. it may switch back
    Worth a try...
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Close all Apps, then
    Android settings,
    Date & Time
    Turn off Automatic time and use manual time.
    Change your timezone +/- to reflect offset amount.
    Set your Time +/- back to actual time.
    Try the LiveTV
    Dont turn off your unit. it may switch back
    Worth a try...
    /kens
    Thanks for the suggestion /Kens, I had thought of trying to trick it too. Unfortunately in their efforts to keep this box simple to use, it appears there is no manual time option. In the settings you only can pick from Country and then Region (time zone). I tried switching to a different time zone for -2hrs of where I am but it didnt change the guide at all - it still showed +2hrs off. I am really disappointed in this as well as the fact it doesnt populate any UK channels and many US ones are missing too. Despite being the lucky recipient of this box, so far it is getting little use as my old setup which includes your guide definitly is more user friendly. Thanks so much for your work helping the community!

Chief Officer
    I am the other lucky recipient thank you
    I just turned mine on simple yes if you know what you are doing no i have not set up our server yet because of the 00:A1:79
    I have a couple set ups with 78 mac do i need this change not yet not today but it look's simple to set up
    but the live tv and by country i like that, and vod work's only the vod is all in Spanish is there a English version Captain?
    yes my language is set English