Register
    Junoir Member

New to Forum. Dreamlink T1 Plus wired speed slow

Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum. I’ve had my dreamlink t1 plus for about 4 months now. Just recently when running the speedtest app on the device, I can only get about 60mbps wired. I used to get 92. My speed directly from my modem is over 100mbps. Any help on recovering the lost speed. I know the speed is sufficient enough, but I run a vpn who drops my speed to under 20 mbps and noticed my streams are not as great. Could it be a firmware issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider510 View Post
    Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum. I’ve had my dreamlink t1 plus for about 4 months now. Just recently when running the speedtest app on the device, I can only get about 60mbps wired. I used to get 92. My speed directly from my modem is over 100mbps. Any help on recovering the lost speed. I know the speed is sufficient enough, but I run a vpn who drops my speed to under 20 mbps and noticed my streams are not as great. Could it be a firmware issue?
    Not sure who your provider is but i remember once that i wasnt getting the speed i was paying for so i called my provider and they told me that my modem did not pick up the last software update so they did it manually so you might want to call them and they will test the modem for you, it helped me.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for your reply. My speed coming directly from my modem is correct for what I’m suppose to get. It’s just when I run the speedtest from my dreamlink t1 plus, it drops significantly even using Ethernet connection.