Guys and Gals Lost Kodi On Win7 32 bit and 64bit

i just spent the last five days trying to reinstall Kodi 17.6 on win7 64 bit and 32 bit. totally unable to install and run TRY IT on AN OLD DRIVE... 16.1 Kodi will install but will not accept addons. so i tried to upgrade to 17.6 ...a no go at all, had others try it same results, so its not isp blocking because i have 2 two hard drives and kept my original in a working state, which still works fine, i was just trying to install a new hard drive, so i can see the writing on the wall ....Guys dont wipe your hard drive and reinstall, it wont work anymore............good thing i just tried to reinstall on a new drive...my original still works fine on 17.6 PS WIN10 IS GARBAGE....
    i'm an old timer who is always learning..Knowledge is Power tO survive

Quote Originally Posted by Backup View Post
    i just spent the last five days trying to reinstall Kodi 17.6 on win7 64 bit and 32 bit. totally unable to install and run TRY IT on AN OLD DRIVE... 16.1 Kodi will install but will not accept addons. so i tried to upgrade to 17.6 ...a no go at all, had others try it same results, so its not isp blocking because i have 2 two hard drives and kept my original in a working state, which still works fine, i was just trying to install a new hard drive, so i can see the writing on the wall ....Guys dont wipe your hard drive and reinstall, it wont work anymore............good thing i just tried to reinstall on a new drive...my original still works fine on 17.6 PS WIN10 IS GARBAGE....
    This doesn't sound logical to me. How can an ISP prohibit you from installing software on your computer? I've had times when I couldn't get kodi to work, but in the end it was always operator error. And I've spent days trying to do something over and over again. It was always operator error. The last time I couldn't get kodi to cooperate and have iptv work and I spent too many hours on it, all it really needed was to have the computer rebooted and to try again and it worked. And I felt like a dipstick! It happens - operator overload.

It's probably a good idea to have a directory where you keep backups of your kodi files. I have copies of every version of kodi from 16 to 18. I also keep a copy of the userdata/kodi directory so I can just copy that over to a new install if there is ever any issue. That way there's no install necessary; just copy the files from userdata to the new install and start kodi. It will see the addons.

Experiment with running different versions of kodi in portable mode...

Keep the zip files from your packages directory if you want to have more options if something goes awry.

I'm still using really old addons that people say don't work anymore, but they work for me, i.e. 1channel, exodus and specto.

If the kodi foundation decides to not allow 3rd party addons at some point, someone will fork it and allow them. And there's always the option of using older versions.

@ expat:
    He did say the ISP wasn't at fault, but I guess your logic (and I can agree with it completely) is why would you suspect the ISP to be the culprit in the first place.

At times, I'm not sure if the discussion is talking about a failure to install or a failure to stream. If Kodi 17.6 wouldn't install for you and all of your friends, there would be a much wider discussion of this issue if it were endemic. Something is being done incorrectly.

I'm not sure how Windows 10 figures into this. I guess that was just an off-tangent dig. However, I've no real issues with it.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

i did say that it works fine on my older copy (Hard Drive) so i was letting people know that i could download it but could not get it to start up after loading to the New Hard Drive. whether it be 32 bit install or 64 bit NEW HARD DRIVES, and whether i used a 32 bit op or 64 bit operating system...i tried it on several different fresh new hard drives, Plugged in my OLD 32bit Win7 with a previous copy of Kodi on it and it works fine...JUST STUMPED

quote from expatter (I'm still using really old addons that people say don't work anymore, but they work for me, i.e. 1channel, exodus and specto.) I also still use those myself....and others
    Yes that comment on win10 was just a dig
    Last edited by Backup; 01-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.

From what I gather, you are able to install it, but it will not load. Check to see if your antivirus or anti-maleware program is blocking execution.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

problem is Newer Kodi versions are compiled requiring newer microsoft visual c++ runtime library (dll's)
    Google "microsoft visual c++ runtime library error windows Kodi"
    Make sure your OS is Up to date.
    You can also install the missing run time libraries manually.
    /kens

These were fresh loads of windows op's with no updates and no anti virus, or malware.then i tried after doing updates, i've tried to load it on others since i do other peoples OP's restore's that have never had Kodi on there comp's, also had other peeps try with fresh downloads from Kodi...no go for them also. it loads to a black screen then we get an error ( want win to check for solutions to the problem ) then we have to use device manager to get off the black screen Ctrl-Alt-Delete ...LoL
    PS also different ips providers also..LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Backup View Post
    These were fresh loads of windows op's with no updates and no anti virus, or malware.then i tried after doing updates, i've tried to load it on others since i do other peoples OP's restore's that have never had Kodi on there comp's, also had other peeps try with fresh downloads from Kodi...no go for them also. it loads to a black screen then we get an error ( want win to check for solutions to the problem ) then we have to use device manager to get off the black screen Ctrl-Alt-Delete ...LoL
    PS also different ips providers also..LoL
    Check these links ->http://www.learnthatit.com/blog/unca...nd-windows-10/
    ->https://www.google.ca/search?source=....0.hNLAf9krknk

/kens

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    problem is Newer Kodi versions are compiled requiring newer microsoft visual c++ runtime library (dll's)
    Google "microsoft visual c++ runtime library error windows Kodi"
    Make sure your OS is Up to date.
    You can also install the missing run time libraries manually.
    /kens

I found the Culprit yur right vcruntime140dll ..
    works with 64 bit and 32..yup