Junoir Member

Z7+ Audio Problem

Ive noticed a weird problem both in Youtube and TerrariumTV. Randomly in videos the audio makes a horrible buzzing noise as if the audio has crashed. At first I thought it was a one off but its been doing it more..

http://sendvid.com/p1ro9sx8

You hear it 4 or 5 seconds in.

Is there a setting to fix this or do I need to report box as faulty?

Junoir Member
    Sorry for the reply but I managed to stop this happening by going into ANDROID > SETTINGS > ADVANCED and changing HDR10 to SDR.

What do I lose from doing this and does it still mean there is a problem with the HDR on the box?

I personally leave my HDR set to auto. You won't lose anything by turning that option off if your 4k tv doesn't have HDR10 support (especially if using Terrarium TV). For me, the only app that utilizes HDR10 functionality is my plex server because I have actual 4k HDR content on my server.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    I personally leave my HDR set to auto. You won't lose anything by turning that option off if your 4k tv doesn't have HDR10 support (especially if using Terrarium TV). For me, the only app that utilizes HDR10 functionality is my plex server because I have actual 4k HDR content on my server.
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UF850V

Thats the TV ive got, does it support HDR10?

I don't mind leaving it off as it stopped the problem but I just want to know if im losing a benefit from doing so.

Anyone having audio issues withHDhomerun app? https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ ?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan88 View Post
    Sorry for the reply but I managed to stop this happening by going into ANDROID > SETTINGS > ADVANCED and changing HDR10 to SDR.

What do I lose from doing this and does it still mean there is a problem with the HDR on the box?
    Thanks for this, I had the same audio issue even though my HDR was set to auto, switching to SDR sorted it.

Junoir Member
    So still having this problem even after switching to SDR. Does anyone have any other ideas on a fix for this, its very annoying