Canadian Formuler Z7+ first impessions

Just got the Formuler Z7+ listed 160 on sale for 150 but rang in at 130 someone messed up anyways i have both the T2 and the Z7+ not a lot of difference between the boxes. The Z7+ has a nicer interface and runs a bit faster. As said in other posts unless you need kodi 17. no real need to upgrade no wow factor, if your in the market for a new box then get the Z7+ only down side is the 8" monster external antenna. This thing is going to be a major issue the usb port it goes into is going to get broke in no time one accidental hit of the antenna and the port is gone. The dongle is also a bit wacky the unit doesn't always see it.
    The remote is a little bit different also. Power cord is the same as the T1-T2. Was a little concerned that it would have a uk plug with an adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPat View Post
    Just got the Formuler Z7+ listed 160 on sale for 150 but rang in at 130 someone messed up anyways i have both the T2 and the Z7+ not a lot of difference between the boxes. The Z7+ has a nicer interface and runs a bit faster. As said in other posts unless you need kodi 17. no real need to upgrade no wow factor, if your in the market for a new box then get the Z7+ only down side is the 8" monster external antenna. This thing is going to be a major issue the usb port it goes into is going to get broke in no time one accidental hit of the antenna and the port is gone. The dongle is also a bit wacky the unit doesn't always see it.
    The remote is a little bit different also. Power cord is the same as the T1-T2. Was a little concerned that it would have a uk plug with an adapter.
    I have the Euro version of the Z7+ here in Canada and it doesn't have the wifi dongle and does have a Euro power plug with an adapter. I haven't had any issue with the power adapter even though it seemed a bit flimsy going into my surge protector. I don't use wifi because my modem is literally 18" away from my box within my TV cabinet so I can hardwire quite easily, however, the internal wifi works quite well as I tested it when I first got the box. The only downside of the internal wifi is that it isn't dual band, so doesn't pick up my 5g network. The 2.4 is fast enough and more stable, so I suppose it makes sense, just surprising.

Love the box. Only thing I would change is the power cable. Otherwise, its been great.

thanks guys. they are good boxes.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the info..
    What is difference between uk version and N.A version?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaizy View Post
    Thanks for the info..
    What is difference between uk version and N.A version?
    N.A. Edition has external WIFI Adapater, UK edition has internal.
    UK Version usually comes with a mount so that you can hide it behind your tv

Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    N.A. Edition has external WIFI Adapater, UK edition has internal.
    UK Version usually comes with a mount so that you can hide it behind your tv
    Yeah, strangely I didn't get the mount with mine. It also comes with an IR extender for just that reason...mounting behind the TV...but I have mine inside a TV cabinet and running through a Harmony remote so I don't need the extender or the mount.

Junoir Member
    Can i buy z7+ uk version from the same website which is listed under sticky thread.
    Thanks

Junoir Member
    I prefer the Z7+. Got mine at dreamlink.com
    For the 20$ extra, you are getting dual band and 2GB Ram.
    much better interface and Kodi 17

Does its Remote have LIVE,VOD,RECALL buttons.Can someone post a picture of the Remote?