Thread: T2 or Z7+

Junoir Member

T2 or Z7+

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum)

So, I know they are pretty much the same companies but is there any other difference than the z7+ having more gb ram?

So I am able to record live tv and rewatch on both? Their iptv apps are the same, just different name?

All features the same?

what's the better option?

in my opinion I would go for Z7+. I dont own any of them but I did comparison and I would go for z7+. would love to test them. if im not wrong z7+ Emmc is twice and sdram much better vs dlite. both looks great units but as I said, I would go for z7+. all depends on how much you are willing to spend. thanks
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by iptele223 View Post
    (Sorry if this is the wrong forum)

So, I know they are pretty much the same companies but is there any other difference than the z7+ having more gb ram?

So I am able to record live tv and rewatch on both? Their iptv apps are the same, just different name?

All features the same?

what's the better option?
    IPTV functionality will be identical. Recording, etc, will all work the same on both boxes. This is true, actually of the Dreamlink T1 and T1+ as well. I had the T1 and I now have the Z7+ and from an actual "watching TV' standpoint, the two boxes are virtually identical. Picture quality on the Z7+ is better, but the functionality of the boxes is the same.

The difference in RAM would be felt mostly with other android apps. Kodi will run better because of the Android 7 and the extra RAM. Having a bunch of extra apps won't bog down the box like it would with less RAM. If you are only looking for IPTV, either the T2 or the Z7+ will do the job perfectly well, but so will the DLite for a fraction of the cost.

If you want full functionality of an android box plus IPTV, as long as the price difference is negligible, go with the Z7+ in my opinion.

I've tested both(T2 and Z7+) and the difference is hardly noticeable.
    Both perform great
    If it were me, I'd buy the cheaper option
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 12-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    i am very happy with the T2.

see i would say the same as you cap cant really tell as i posted before but if you got money then heck go for other really it cpu that counts but 2 to 3 gigs when box get full then you can tell will be a little slower not much
    Last edited by Marley; 12-27-2017 at 08:47 PM.

I've also now test both and you cannot go wrong with either. Performance will feel similar to the average user. The only areas where I prefer z7+ over T2 are:

- Dual band wifi (better antenna with the Z7+ NA version)
    - I've found that while on wifi my 5ghz speeds provided better 4k streaming performance from my plex server.
    - extra ram (most won't notice the difference)
    - GUI nicer than the T2 (just my opinion)

If kodi and iptv are all that you do the T2 won't do you wrong. both models are a pretty big upgrade over the T1 Plus.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)