Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide time

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser1 View Post
    read post #6
    While set up info to assist is definitely helpful, in the case of the EPG issues being posted here my sense is that the varience for working or not working EPG is limited to whether one is using a MAC associated setup or an M3U setup. My experience is that using the M3U option in combo with /kens EPG source is working exceptionally well on applications such as Perfect Player. However for setups associated with a MAC address, these are relying on the server to provide the channel info and EPG data which right now is not working. I don't think this is a box (hadware) issue but rather is at the provider (Rocket, NFPS) end. I can only speak for Eastern time zone that using a MAC associated device the guide is 2 hours behind and the EPG is only populating very sparsely. In setups such as the new DLite, you must rely on this way to get guide info as there is no way to point to a different source. Hopefully this will be rectified at the provider end very soon.
    I hope this helps clarify the issue and if others are having a different experience to what I have proposed please share.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    While set up info to assist is definitely helpful, in the case of the EPG issues being posted here my sense is that the varience for working or not working EPG is limited to whether one is using a MAC associated setup or an M3U setup. My experience is that using the M3U option in combo with /kens EPG source is working exceptionally well on applications such as Perfect Player. However for setups associated with a MAC address, these are relying on the server to provide the channel info and EPG data which right now is not working. I don't think this is a box (hadware) issue but rather is at the provider (Rocket, NFPS) end. I can only speak for Eastern time zone that using a MAC associated device the guide is 2 hours behind and the EPG is only populating very sparsely. In setups such as the new DLite, you must rely on this way to get guide info as there is no way to point to a different source. Hopefully this will be rectified at the provider end very soon.
    I hope this helps clarify the issue and if others are having a different experience to what I have proposed please share.
    you are correct

we miss pyscon

you have to understand that this service comes with the added members input, weather that is epg or what have you. When this service first surfaced, dvbken was the one that made it happen thru his STB EMU application.. Since then the service offers eveything need to do as dvbken did or as many of these EPG sources are now doing for us as well.

Follow a guy like kens/ or AcidJesus or many others and what they post as knowledge will help you in great results.
    Their work can not be applied to the DLite thou.. as that DL is getting its epg source from the server as you already stated.. as I said,we miss pyscon

Do not forget guys of past too,like PACH and others, they started this.. the server just gave them channels
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-12-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

TV Addicted
    Amen to that! Well deserved cred for all you mention!
    I am totally ignorant to how all of this works in the backend but its too bad the provider can’t develop a simple script such as what /kens and the others have done to feed EPG data to devices. They must have some way to do this as they do provide limited guide data - why not take what is in place and just make sure the source file is acurate? Sorry to make it sound overly simple but it does make one wonder.....
    Thx Crazed for all you do!

Junoir Member
    I am using a Dreamlink T1 and running Dreamonline 2. Not only is the guide off by 2 hours, no information fills in any more within the EPG.
    Any suggestions ?

regards

Stu

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gots View Post
    I am using a Dreamlink T1 and running Dreamonline 2. Not only is the guide off by 2 hours, no information fills in any more within the EPG.
    Any suggestions ?

regards

Stu
    As mentioned earlier, there is nothing you can do at your end as this issue is at the provider end unless you change how you access the service and switch from the MAC associated mode to using the M3U playlist option. Not sure how you do that on the Dreamlinks you mentioned, probably just like android boxes and use Kodi or an app such as Perfect Player if it loads onto these boxes. I just know you cant do that on the Dreamlink DLite. You may want to search and read the DL threads if you want to try the M3U option.

Junoir Member
    Very welcome reply's from post 11 on. Some others posts on read other associated posts is not helpful as some of us dumb asses are trying to learn the new ways. Thanks to all who give a sh&t to offer helpful reply's. Cheer's and have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by paslode View Post
    Very welcome reply's from post 11 on. Some others posts on read other associated posts is not helpful as some of us dumb asses are trying to learn the new ways. Thanks to all who give a sh&t to offer helpful reply's. Cheer's and have a great weekend.
    They are all good posts bud
    Just think if none were posted, then where would we be ?
    - Ren

Banned
    then when asked to give info you should
    help the helper

Junoir Member
    Understood. If one went the direction of using perfect player. What would be the EPG URL? The portal.

Understood. If one went the direction of using perfect player. What would be the EPG URL? The portal.
    No need to worry about portal when dealing with m3u playlists and Players.
    With that Perfect Player you could go with the URL method or the USB method.
    The URL would be the m3u Playlist's URL.
    The USB method is explained thru the link posted below.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ocket-Playlist

EPG is another story thou

can also check one method on how to edit an m3u playlist...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-m3u-Playlists
    - Ren

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast