Exclamation Dreamlink T2 remote interference

First time buyer of a Dreamlink device. Absolutely love the T2! However, I seem to be having the same issue described in the following thread:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-control-issue

Basically, various keys the T2 remote fire off random commands to my Vizio SB3651 sound bar. For instance, the volume up key turns the volume up on the T2, but turns surround sound down on my audio system. As another example, the green key initiates a search within DOL2, but also POWERS OFF my sound system!

At the current state, this is a complete deal breaker! I'm thinking of returning the device, because I cannot think of a single way to resolve this issue beyond buying a new audio system or STB. I'm leery of buying an alternate air mouse remote or something similar, because in my experience, many of the essential buttons do not work on those third party remotes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or does anyone know if similar devices such as the Formuler z7+ remote uses the same IR codes?

Heres a couple of things to try.

1/ Try the Air Synch Remote Phone app (Android only)....http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...d-Mobile-phone
    2/ Once you have Sound bar on and at volume,block off the "IR Eye" on it
    3/ Relocate the T2 if possible
    Thats all I got at the moment, give those a try if you haven't already
    Good Luck

Also the Formuler remote is the same as all Dreamlink remotes. Im using one now on my T2
    I gather darkness to please me...

Thanks for the suggestions... I will give them a try!

I also wonder, is it possible 2 connect a Harmony remote via Bluetooth and still retain some of the custom keys that are unique to the Dreamlink remote? I know that you can use a Harmony remote via Bluetooth on the Nexus player, but the list of Bluetooth commands seemed limited.

Quote Originally Posted by JakedUp View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions... I will give them a try!

I also wonder, is it possible 2 connect a Harmony remote via Bluetooth and still retain some of the custom keys that are unique to the Dreamlink remote? I know that you can use a Harmony remote via Bluetooth on the Nexus player, but the list of Bluetooth commands seemed limited.
    Like I think I told you on reddit, I use a Harmony Companion remote (called a Home Control in Canada), and it works beautifully. I used it with my T1 and now I use it with my Z7+. The Z7+ doesn't show in the list of compatible devices but I just used another Formuler device and its been perfectly fine. You can program the extra buttons on the remote to work with the specialty buttons. For example, I have programmed the "Home" button onto an unused button on my remote. It works flawlessly and I have no issues with my surround sound setup at all. Also, because this particular remote uses a Hub, you don't have any issue of line of sight. I can control my Z7+ from just about anywhere on the main floor of my house.

Mano, I have a Harmony remote as well. I'll give it a go later today.

My thought though is that if I just set it up as a standard IR remote, I'm going to have the same interference problems, as the Harmony remote would essentially be sending the same commands as the original remote. Like I said in my previous reply, if there was some way to use my Harmony remote over Bluetooth like I could with my Nexus Player, that would be sweet! But I'm not entirely sure how you would do that considering that Harmony doesn't give you the ability to add new Bluetooth commands, so the functionality of the remote itself would be fairly limited.

Scratch that... looks like the device doesn't even have Bluetooth -- so that's not going to work! I suppose I could try plugging in one of those Bluetooth dongles that I have laying around -- but I'm not sure if those would be supported or not.

I'll still give Harmony a go via IR later today and report back, but I'm assuming it's going to use the same conflicting commands.

Alternatively, I wonder if just buying a generic universal "air mouse" remote would work, provided I used some sort of key remapping app that allows me to redefine many of the non-working keys. Does anyone have experience with this?

My assumption was wrong. Programming a Harmony remote with the device codes worked like a charm and does not suffer from the interference of the OEM remote. The Harmony technically uses less keys, but with clever use of short press vs. long press on certain keys, I was able to retain full functionality. Thanks for your help!

My assumption was wrong. Programming a Harmony remote with the device codes worked like a charm and does not suffer from the interference of the OEM remote. The Harmony technically uses less keys, but with clever use of short press vs. long press on certain keys, I was able to retain full functionality. Thanks for your help!
    Happy to hear it....
    I gather darkness to please me...

Glad you got it working well. I got my Harmony because I hated the original T1 remote but even with the newer remotes being nicer I would never give up my Harmony now! Its awesome!

Junoir Member
    i found this thread through a search on google. i have a similar problem except it with a dreamlinks remote and my 6x2 hdmi matrix switcher. now im not sure if you guys have this same issues where both remotes from each device interferes with the other. i know im about 2 years behind you guys here but i hope to understand what works here. from what i gather, you fix the interference issue by just using a harmony remote? ie you punch in code to the harmony and it fixes it? did you have to use the hub at all? in my case if thats what was done, i would need to program both the hdmi switcher and dreamlink remote into it? btw..did that airmouse listed above work at all?

thanks