Not showing all channels

2 boxes with emulator at the Same address with the same portal p3 one is showing all channels good the next is not. If I go on CNN on one it works when I go on the other it would not plus if I go on a channel and it show when I come out and go back in it would not show

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsylves View Post
    2 boxes with emulator at the Same address with the same portal p3 one is showing all channels good the next is not. If I go on CNN on one it works when I go on the other it would not plus if I go on a channel and it show when I come out and go back in it would not show
    I don't use the emulator anymore, but you can probably fix this by going into your android settings for apps. go to emulator and clear cache, then go back into the emulator and see if it got fixed.

thanks expatter I will give that a try and see, but what I cant understand is that box is the newer of the 2 and doesn't show that often while the one that works everyday I have never had to do that with it. Anyhow what do you use instead of the emulator kodi? how does that work? I thought after the mag and the avov that the emulator was the thing. If it is kodi I would have to do some reading up on that.

Banned
    thanks expatter I will give that a try and see, but what I cant understand is that box is the newer of the 2 and doesn't show that often while the one that works everyday I have never had to do that with it. Anyhow what do you use instead of the emulator kodi? how does that work? I thought after the mag and the avov that the emulator was the thing. If it is kodi I would have to do some reading up on that.
    stb emu pro doesn't use kodi
    worx good

Banned
    Can you explain a little deeper on this?
    It seems kodi based programs are not working properly now...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sato View Post
    Can you explain a little deeper on this?
    It seems kodi based programs are not working properly now...
    stb emu is an app
    kodi is an app

hope that explains it

It's all personal preference, I guess. Kodi is a great app but has had some issues in the android versions, so I use FTMC, a better working fork by former KODI developer. Depending on your android version, this might work better than KODI. I prefer using the Simple Client pvr because of the epg. I make my own epg but acidjesus' guide is great (and free) and he shares it with the community.

The biggest reason I like my setup is that it has the option of using a playlist and that the playlist can be edited to have only the channels I want to see, and in the order that I want to see them. If there are ever any issues and I need to clear the data cache, I don't lose all my tweaks and have to start over again (been there, done that countless times). Using other apps such as emu are not as friendly in this regard. If given the choice, I prefer not to have to scroll through 800+ channels when I really only want to see about 200, and since we have been given the option of using a playlist, this is the easiest method for tailoring how the channels are presented for viewing. Also, if there are other streams you like (such as a 24/7 series or any other streams for that matter) you can add them to the playlist (m3u file).

Most issues with auth errors, etc are due to user error in some form, usually a typo, and can be maddening. I went through the same issues back in the beginning when I started out using stalker client. Back then I had to do constant resets, changes, etc and with my setups now I have not had any issues for the past year or so.

Some people like potato tv but I detest seeing the funky graphics and videos when there are authorization errors. Again, this is just personal preference and a lot depends on users' knowledge and comfort level with KODI to begin with. I've been using it for about 10 years so I'm very comfortable with it. The only time I might use potato is for VOD, which is about never as I simply use other addons to watch series or movies.

Perfect Player is another app that works great for NFPS and has the epg option. No matter which app you use, there is a certain amount of time (hours) of setup initially to get things tweaked so it looks like you want it.

All these apps work fine and if someone doesn't care about anything other than just having the streams work and don't care if there are hundreds of channels they will never use included, there are several options of apps/boxes. It's when you get more familiar with how iptv works and want to tailor the experience to just how you want it that the other options come into play. Since I use KODI/FTMC for my entire media center experience, I prefer to watch series, movies and live tv all from within one app and this is just what I get with my setups.

Troubleshooting errors among the many different apps people use is time consuming and frustrating to most people, and I find that with my setup I just don't have to any of these issues to deal with...ever. It makes for a rewarding viewing experience for me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by expatter; 12-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.

thanks expatter as you said it would take some time initially to set up plus you have to have a bit of a knowledge of the whole thing. I would look at it but not right now, would have to put my mind in gear first to tackle it. I have manage to get the boxe sorted out after swapping boxes and clearing cache and it still did the same thing I decided to look at the media player and that was the problem