Thread: Do I need this?

Question Do I need this?

Okay. Great new little box BUT...

Do I really need this?

I do not do Kodi. It may be great but it's way too complicated for very dubious watching advantage that I can find.
    The new box runs the same DOL-2 that the T-1 and T-1 Plus runs. So there is no advantage to me there.
    I like the ATSC tuner thing. I could find a use for that.
    I do not own any 4k TVs.

Now, don't get me wrong. It looks like a great box. Good job team Dreamlink.
    Does android 7 buy me anything that I need?
    Am I missing something?

Fire From Within

I said this in my mini review... if you do not run apps that require Android 5.1 or above, and are happy about your current situation, you don't need to upgrade at this time. Eventually you might, but only if that IPTV app is updated to only run on 5.1. Kodi is an app that does evolve to take advantage of the OS, IPTV apps generally don't.

The DLite box that will soon be available uses the same OS version that the T1 and T1+, so I doubt that the box makers can make them obsolete just by changing the IPTV app. They might stop updates to that box, if that happens you have to make a decision... just like you would with a Android smart phone.

Thanks for your reply. Excellent advice. I will follow it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AeonFlux View Post
    Okay. Great new little box BUT...

Do I really need this?

I do not do Kodi. It may be great but it's way too complicated for very dubious watching advantage that I can find.
    The new box runs the same DOL-2 that the T-1 and T-1 Plus runs. So there is no advantage to me there.
    I like the ATSC tuner thing. I could find a use for that.
    I do not own any 4k TVs.

Now, don't get me wrong. It looks like a great box. Good job team Dreamlink.
    Does android 7 buy me anything that I need?
    Am I missing something?
    OK yes great advice indeed, I do own a T1 Plus myself but the playback of recordings is awful to watch at this moment, instead of making the last update for adding chinese channels I was hoping for improvement of playback recordings (sorry if I repeat myself from other posts) but that's the big problem for me because what is the advantage of recording if the playback is not good because of too much slow motion phase going on so if they can't improve that on T1 Plus then what is the quality of recording/payback on the new T2???? If its resolve and playback is normal/perfect like it is on other pvr able receivers then i would glady buy the T2 even if i already own a T1 Plus because it's frustrating to have so many good channels on IPTV but i can't record anything because it's not very watchable on playback. I just tried to watch a boxing event on Fox Sports 1 that i record since i missed it but i stop watching it because every 30 or 60 seconds there were a sequence in slow motion so it is kind of frustrating you know. So that is what i'm wondering if T2 has better/normal/perfect recording/playback then i would jump on a Dreamlink T2 even though i should hope for a resolution of that problem from a T1 Plus update...When i watch something live it is much better quality then on recordings so i'm not exaggerating anything about this problem on the T1 Plus....

Thank you
    Last edited by guygoy; 12-18-2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: many mispelling error

T2 has a problem of freezing during playback.
    It’s not fun watching a play back like that.
    I watched a live show and recorded at the same time to make sure there was no freezing from the broadcast.
    Later watched the recording and the freeze is quite noticeable.
    I hope they fix the issue.