Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreamlink Dlite

Moderator at Work
    Agree with the above reviews and there are possibilities to add which could make the Dlite a little more usefull.
    One downside is I will have to consider buying a new 4k tv to bring out the full potential of the Dlite.

Thanks for the reviews guys.
    Its a nice little unit for people that aren't interested in Kodi etc...
    Older folk and the less tech savvy will like it for iptv.
    I gather darkness to please me...

yes it is going to get my mother one its that ez

Fire From Within

This box does its function well, IPTV. For ease of use and EPG, the Dreamlink OnLine IPTV is probably my favorite STB client for the supported services. If you don't need other apps, like Kodi, or another IPTV apk, this box does the job. The box is essentially the T1 Plus, without an internal WiFi, and any ablility to easily add other apps. It does have a YouTube app, and a VPN app is pending. The IPTV app can also record as a PVR, but you will need an external storage, such as large capacity micro SD card. Video qualilty is fine. I would recommend this box if you don't need other apps and can't find the discontinued T1+.

OK! I just ordered one of these from the DL Site. It was actually quite inexpensive, by comparison to other things on the market today. Here's my thing. I have been an FTA hobbyist for many years. I am not a computer programmer. That being said, I'm not incompetent, just not a Best buy Geek Squad member. I was able to use my Fortec, and load updates as they came in. I was able to set up and use my Weather Forecaster. I was able to set up and use my LimeSat. I was even able to set up and use my current T5 with the DL100 chip upgrade, and load all of my Rocket info into it. So, as you can see, I'm not brilliant, but can follow instructions well. I do not believe I have what is needed to set up a KODI system, or any of the other systems available right now. This box claims I don't have to set anything up. I just have to enter my Rocket info, and go from there. I hope I understood that correctly, because I just bought it. I'm a long time member of this site, from back when it was FTABeta, but was directed to another site for my IKS support in recent times. I miss you guys. I'm hoping when the DLite arrives, there will be a tutorial section available here that can instruct me on how to change my IKS info with Rocket to an IPTV service with Rocket, since I still have several months left on my subscription. I'm looking forward to working with this forum again, and seeing old names again.
    Thank you, in advance, for the support and help I already know I will find here adn will be responding to this thread soon.
    Happy New Year to all!!!

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    the Dlite is a iptv box only ,it does not do kodi.

If you are looking for IPTV only you bought the right box
    its very easy to set up
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Banned
    does thi unit have Wi-Fi or ethenet only .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ssathi View Post
    does thi unit have Wi-Fi or ethenet only .
    from specs
    EXTERNAL WIFI ADAPTER : 802.11 B/G/N WI-FI

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    to change over your IKS to iptv is not possible. They both work at the same time... well if IKS was working that is

What I mean is that all you have to do is visit iptvrocket.is and log onto your rocket code and then add the MAC addy (Link the MAC), add it to your code. The MAC can be seen on the Dlite receiver or on the packaging box and also is shown in the Dlite system menus.
    This does not interrupt your satellite service, you can use both at same time (that is if the satellite service was online and working, which we know it is not).

Check the threads linked below, its them tutorials you were asking about... very easy and straight forward
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...for-iptvrocket
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...nation-checker

Setting up the Dlite is also very much straight forward.
    Enter the server info thru the DOL app which is found in either the onboard Market icon or in Your Apps icon... If in the market, just install it
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast