Thread: VOD not working

Unhappy VOD not working

I am using smart stb app on my lg smart tv and vod is not working.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

get active
    I have an LG Smart tv, however, after reading all the license agreements, I refused to agree to them. I never allow it to connect to any networks, in fact, I turned off everything to do with wifi or ethernet. I use a USB flash drive to update firmware but aside from that, I use an Android iptv box with an STB Pro Emulator app and connect it to my LG smart tv. There are several reasons I do this but the main reason is to break any and all remote management that the LG Smart tv has and all the agreements that allow all the software and hardware on the Smart tv to use, block or do whatever they want with whatever I use it for. This isn't something you should take lightly as most people don't read all of the agreements and they can literally do whatever they like even though you own the tv, they prescribe the rules for using the software and hardware within. Buy yourself an android box with 3gb ram and 32 gb of rom with HD 4K at 60 fps and you will be miles ahead and without the headaches that come with the apps and the agreements. You can reset your LG tv so all the agreements are wiped out and the tv is back to factory status. Do some research on which android box to buy but you won't go too far wrong if you follow my suggestions.
    Do you really want VOICE and Camera turned on ? I would strongly recommend you turn both off and forego the voice command convenience as its not something designed for your convenience, its designed to listen and work with the camera. Be Smart, leave your LG tv with microphone, voice, camera, ethernet and wifi turned off.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 12-10-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added info

I love the app on my lg smart tv.I even tried using stb emulator on my android box and it always crashes.On the lg smart tv it's a bomb.It never crashed once.The only problem vod not working.If vod would work I could get 4K quality.I don't even need to buy a separate android box.

Junoir Member
    my lg tv it does not play V O D either! it does work great on Samsung tv, how ever the vendor of this app should inform its buyers about the Bug on the LG tv before they pay the 28.00dlls for it, the rest of the programing works great

Junoir Member
    UPDATE ON LG TVs manufacture from 2013 to present, I've also researched international websites/chats, I've found it's a recurring issue. The suggested fix will not work unless the provider IKS private server, implements it on everyone's behalf. In my opinion, it will not happen for a potential of reasons, perhaps reducing their security levels or allowing a 3rd party to implement a change. I don't have enough experience to determine the true nature of the inaction. I really hope someone from the organization takes heed to make the changes, but in the meantime, seems like any newer LG model will need to satisfy with the live channels which thus far work fine. That or buy SAMSUNG TVs

Junoir Member

Smart stb app for lg tv

The seller of this app should give notice to all future buyer that the app only works on live channels, not video club