Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Formuler Z7+

Formuler Z7+

HTML Code:
    ​http://dreamlink.ca

Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 12-08-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

do you know will box be able to record one channel while you watch a differ channel?

Grabbing test unit later tonight. Will share some feedback once I've had time to play around with it over the next couple of days. If I like what I see i'll stock em. stay tuned
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    Grabbing test unit later tonight. Will share some feedback once I've had time to play around with it over the next couple of days. If I like what I see i'll stock em. stay tuned
    thnx Munstah
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    excellent news friend, let the people know, this will determine alot if peeps go dreamteam or formuler

Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    excellent news friend, let the people know, this will determine alot if peeps go dreamteam or formuler
    I would hope that is not the purpose of the reveiew crazy carl
    This shouldn't be about who is better then the other. They are both great boxes.

Lets leave who is the best thingy to Ken Block
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-09-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    I would hope that is not the purpose of the reveiew crazy carl
    This shouldn't be about who is better then the other. They are both great boxes.

Lets leave who is the best thingy to Ken Block
    owned by the same company figured its still a win win regardless no?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    owned by the same company figured its still a win win regardless no?
    its good carl
    thnx bud
    - Frank Zappa

So far I've only had limited time for testing. Appears there are two Z7+ out there. One comes with a north american power adapter (same as the dreamlink t1 plus actually) does not have internal wifi but comes with a rather large usb dual band antenna (excellent reception from my testing). The other model is the UK version with internal wifi antenna and included IR extender but ships with UK adapter and comes with a white plug converter (not ideal for those with crowded power bars). I am currently testing the 'North American' model and will check out the UK version later this week as well. I believe this box can be mounted behind tv (hence the IR extender on UK version).

I've tested the following so far:

- MYtvonline app which runs as one would expect (nothing new here, same slow EPG at this point in time)
    - Kodi 17.6 with beast build - wanted to test a larger complex build and it ran no problem.
    - Plex media server streaming both 1080p and 4k - ran well through kodi plex as well as playstore version. The usual initial buffering on the full 4k stuff.
    - A couple retro emulators - doesn't require much horsepower so ran well as expected
    - Teamviewer quick support remote access worked flawlessly

The GUI is much nicer than the dreamlink IMO and the box itself has a premium feel to it. Very responsive with smooth transitions between applications. Will post more this week as I play around with it. Still not sure if it's worth the price though
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

So far I've only had limited time for testing. Appears there are two Z7+ out there. One comes with a north american power adapter (same as the dreamlink t1 plus actually) does not have internal wifi but comes with a rather large usb dual band antenna (excellent reception from my testing). The other model is the UK version with internal wifi antenna and included IR extender but ships with UK adapter and comes with a white plug converter (not ideal for those with crowded power bars). I am currently testing the 'North American' model and will check out the UK version later this week as well. I believe this box can be mounted behind tv (hence the IR extender on UK version).

I've tested the following so far:

- MYtvonline app which runs as one would expect (nothing new here, same slow EPG at this point in time)
    - Kodi 17.6 with beast build - wanted to test a larger complex build and it ran no problem.
    - Plex media server streaming both 1080p and 4k - ran well through kodi plex as well as playstore version. The usual initial buffering on the full 4k stuff.
    - A couple retro emulators - doesn't require much horsepower so ran well as expected
    - Teamviewer quick support remote access worked flawlessly

The GUI is much nicer than the dreamlink IMO and the box itself has a premium feel to it. Very responsive with smooth transitions between applications. Will post more this week as I play around with it. Still not sure if it's worth the price though
    Thanks for that quick review Munstah!

I have one coming and I'm interested to see which version I have. I purchased from a North American seller, so I would imagine its the NA version. Pretty excited for it. I have been running my T1 for IPTV and I have a MiBox that I use for kodi because the T1 just can't run it well. Hopefully this box will allow me to move the MiBox into my basement and eliminate the Firestick from the equation as its definitely a weak link.

I'll post a review as well once I've had some time to test it out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast