Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Google play store

would any of the android apps on the google play store work on these devices? thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunneric View Post
    would any of the android apps on the google play store work on these devices? thanks
    Unfortunately as of right now no. Only the ones that are ported over will be functional. The only supported applications are the ones found on Kodi / XBMC and the Mickyhop channel store. There are plans in the future to have that sort of support, but nothing conclusive yet.

I just got my Avov vixo 2 last which I wanted to gift my son and I'm disappointed with the closed proprietorship placed on it in spite it being an Android box. I thought one should be able to use Google Play store on it and install other apps from it. I'm shipping it back today. Impressed with its' overall performance and speed, but I'm not interested in dealing with another "Apple type of proprietorship".

From what I understand, that is being worked on for the future and Kodi apps are available now...let's not get overly hasty, pls...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    From what I understand, that is being worked on for the future and Kodi apps are available now...let's not get overly hasty, pls...
    Sorry sir!
    I have read your other comments about this device and I have to honestly say that it comes across somewhat biased. Not trying to provoke an argument or insult you. It's just that a device of this magnitude that comes with a heavy price tag of $200 is expected to do more than restrict one to a few apps.
    This shouldn't be sold as an open Android box, but rather a closed proprietor media box running on android kernel. We all know what an Android box is capable of doing and this is far from that. I have bought it, tested it and returned it! Cause it doesn't even compare to it's competitors out there. JMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by blackrider View Post
    Sorry sir!
    I have read your other comments about this device and I have to honestly say that it comes across somewhat biased. Not trying to provoke an argument or insult you. It's just that a device of this magnitude that comes with a heavy price tag of $200 is expected to do more than restrict one to a few apps.
    This shouldn't be sold as an open Android box, but rather a closed proprietor media box running on android kernel. We all know what an Android box is capable of doing and this is far from that. I have bought it, tested it and returned it! Cause it doesn't even compare to it's competitors out there. JMHO!
    I second your findings very disappointed that it's not an open Android box for the price and what is out there on the market. They are saying but you can't get the tvonline app with those other boxes , but I say just use the kodi stalker client.

Pinball Wizard
    Not all boxes are made for everyone, everyone have different expectations and opinions and they are entitled to them. But when you go on and on it takes away from your point and makes it sound personal.

I understand that for $200 you would just expect plug and play but you should have done a thread with your own review instead of hijacking this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser915 View Post
    Not all boxes are made for everyone, everyone have different expectations and opinions and they are entitled to them. But when you go on and on it takes away from your point and makes it sound personal.

I understand that for $200 you would just expect plug and play but you should have done a thread with your own review instead of hijacking this thread.
    I'm sorry I'm not hijacking just agreeing. So do you work for AVOV?

Pinball Wizard
    It was not meant at you Kcos, but I agree with all your points in both threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser915 View Post
    It was not meant at you Kcos, but I agree with all your points in both threads.
    My bad sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast