Junoir Member

Help! Can't get EPG to populate!

Howdy folks,Just getting into IPTV and have been having some fun. Have had success with a Buzz TV XPL 3000 and a Dreamlink T1 Plus, but for some reason I can't get this right on a Fire TV/Stick. Basically I have KODI loaded ant the PVR Client loaded and have followed a few walk throughs to ensure they are installed correctly. I am getting my IPTV streams to work, but my EPG shows NO programming details. I know this must be an easy fix, but have been banging my head against the wall for the past week and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to get this working right! Thanks in advance...

Depends on what guide source you are using.

Both previous devices mentioned, use Stalker middleware for the built-in IPTV App.
    Since you did not mention how you used the service, I assume you used the built-in, with the providers guide.
    Kodi has the Stalker Pvr Client, which mimics this, but I have noticed, selecting Provider guide source, will not get you an EPG Guide.

You can use an external guide source for Stalker/ IPTV Simple client.

hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
    *(Change hxxps to https )
    -OR-
    hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidjesuz/epg/master/guide.xml
    *(Change hxxps to https )
    ***-This replaces the acidjesuz.tk guide host which has a long download time(~2 min)

* PotatoTV /IPTV Simple Users
    To change the guide source URL address;
    - Go to System Settings/ Add-ons/ My Add-ons/ PVR Clients/ PVR IPTV Simple Client
    - Click "Disable", then click "Configure"
    - Click "EPG Settings" button
    - Click in the "XMLTV URL" edit window
    - Change the URL to the new URL, then click "OK" to save the settings
    - "DO NOT ENABLE YET"
    - Go to System Settings/ PVR&LiveTV/
    Guide Tab - click "Clear Data" and confirm by clicking "Yes"
    General Tab - click "Clear Data" and confirm by clicking "Yes"
    - Go back to System Settings/ Add-ons/ My Add-ons/ PVR Clients/ PVR IPTV Simple Client
    - Click "Enable"

* Stalker users
    You may have to do everything above, then shutdown kodi, go to the userdata/database directory and delete the tv29 & epg11.db files.
    Then re-start Kodi.

Channels and Guide will reload

/kens

Junoir Member
    Thank you for the post, will give this a shot and report back!!

Cool Thanks for this...

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Depends on what guide source you are using. Both previous devices mentioned, use Stalker middleware for the built-in IPTV App. Since you did not mention how you used the service, I assume you used the built-in, with the providers guide. Kodi has the Stalker Pvr Client, which mimics this, but I have noticed, selecting Provider guide source, will not get you an EPG Guide. You can use an external guide source for Stalker/ IPTV Simple client. hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml *(Change hxxps to https ) -OR- hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidjesuz/epg/master/guide.xml *(Change hxxps to https ) ***-This replaces the acidjesuz.tk guide host which has a long download time(~2 min) * PotatoTV /IPTV Simple Users To change the guide source URL address; - Go to System Settings/ Add-ons/ My Add-ons/ PVR Clients/ PVR IPTV Simple Client - Click "Disable", then click "Configure" - Click "EPG Settings" button - Click in the "XMLTV URL" edit window - Change the URL to the new URL, then click "OK" to save the settings - "DO NOT ENABLE YET" - Go to System Settings/ PVR&LiveTV/ Guide Tab - click "Clear Data" and confirm by clicking "Yes" General Tab - click "Clear Data" and confirm by clicking "Yes" - Go back to System Settings/ Add-ons/ My Add-ons/ PVR Clients/ PVR IPTV Simple Client - Click "Enable" * Stalker users You may have to do everything above, then shutdown kodi, go to the userdata/database directory and delete the tv29 & epg11.db files. Then re-start Kodi. Channels and Guide will reload /kens
    I've finally gotten my EPG back and am super grateful for that. I would like to know how to donate on a regular basis so I can help motivate you to keep it going. What would be a worthwhile yet fair donation?

Quote Originally Posted by GlammaGeek View Post
    I've finally gotten my EPG back and am super grateful for that. I would like to know how to donate on a regular basis so I can help motivate you to keep it going. What would be a worthwhile yet fair donation?
    1 measly BitCoin.
    Sorry, i dont give change!!
    (LOL!!)
    Anything is gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks
    /kens