Cool User friendly software improvements requested.

I discovered that the T1 and T1 Plus run perfectly fine from my Dreamlink T5 remotes. That is when I discovered a few tweaks to the user interface that would be a big help. Dreamlink has the best Sat box there is and it took them a while to get that user interface working extremely well. Why not make the IPTV boxes run exactly like the Sat/IKS boxes do?

1. Hit the EPG button and you get a very nice EPG. From there you fumble as to what to hit next. Exit works just fine, but now you have to find that button on the remote. On the T5, you can toggle the EPG on and off by just using the EPG button. That is very handy. Only have to find one button.

2. I hit the power on button on the remote but the red LED on the face of the T1 just stays red like nothing happened. It should go green right away, just like the T1 plus. Drives me crazy. I know that it powered up but that damned red LED has to bug me for another few seconds. Makes my wife very confused too. It eventually does turn green... eventually.

3. On the T1, press the OK button (Enter button on the T1 remote) and up pops the ribbon with channels on the left and the one playing showing it info. Hit the OK button again and nothing happens. This time, even worse, you have to hit the EXIT button twice to get out of it. But hit the Exit again by mistake and you will get a message about exiting IPTV. That's not good. How about using the OK button to toggle back to the main screen?

4. On the T1-Plus, hit the OK button (Enter button on the T1 remote) and up pops a funky screen with channels and a little pic-in-a-pic. Whoa. What is with that? On the other hand, hit the OK button and you pop back to your main screen where you belong. Dreamlink, you got this one right. What happened with #3 above?

You have to compare the two to see the differences.

I hope this helps.

-No search option for channels.
    -Have to hit Ok multiple times to exit
    -epg doesnt populate right
    -epg clock messed up.
    -selecting to load channel on EPG is tough, you have to hit right multiple times to get to the correct time to load the channel.
    -Annoying No channel info and Right side box does not dissapear sometimes (the favorite, channel lock, buffer, audio channel). You have to exit or hit okay multiple times. When channels load okay, it dissapears in like 5 seconds, but sometimes it stays there forever.
    - When you switch to a channel that is down, you get an error and you have to hit OK? in order to be able to switch to the next channel.
    -VOD is just wierd, you have hundreds of pages of good movies, but have to cycle through each one, why not make it continous? or populated the VOD movies another way, bigger screenshots, poster
    -VOD no search option
    -If you have an alternate remote, VOD is wierd to get to, you need to exit, reload DOL and hit back in order to not get loded into LIVE tv.
    -VOD ES subtitles loaded by default?
    -DOL should have an option that on the EPG it highlights all channels on the left either green or red denoting its online and streaming. These down channels sometimes gets annoying to goninto the next channel.

- Overall viewing is great. Great quaility, good HD, streaming is flawless in working channels. But the interface needs work, lots of it.
    - If dreamlink where to fix all of this and any other bugs, this would destroy all other boxes and sell better...

Started using DOL2, and seems to be alot better. Lots of the issues mentioned above have been sorted out. Looks like EPG still wierd. I have set the timezome like on other threads and still not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kronic187 View Post
    Started using DOL2, and seems to be alot better. Lots of the issues mentioned above have been sorted out. Looks like EPG still wierd. I have set the timezome like on other threads and still not correct.
    Try setting your EPG mode to UTC and see if that fixes your timezone issue.

Not sure, but this MAY help the timezone issue. Make sure time/timezone is set correctly on your router. As well, if you can, run your own NTP server on your router (easily toggled in pfsene, ipfire, etc) and toggle the option to have it provide NTP to your local LAN. Not all devices will "check/honor" the local NTP server, but many will.

No idea if that will help, but worth a try. DHCP may be required (no static IP) but I may be wrong on that. Hopefully it helps.

TV Addicted
    DOL1 allows you to KEY IN channel number from keypad (from EPG)
    DOL2 does not have this feature (FROM EPG)

Would be nice to see this featue