Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Gaming PC or Gaming Laptop?

Hello, Guys, My budget is Under $1000 so what is the better option? Well, I love to travel, watching movies and of course playing games.

Pinball Wizard
    Well if you travel then a laptop would be recommended not easy to check in a heavy gaming PC at the airport!!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    Well if you travel then a laptop would be recommended not easy to check in a heavy gaming PC at the airport!!

So What laptop would you like to suggest?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    So many choices. I use a Toshiba 4 core with an extra virtual 2 core, but i am not a gamer

This Acer is a beast, prolly easier to get a Volkwagon passed thru airport customs then this beast... But have a look

Acer built a massive gaming laptop.... because why not?
    The Predator 21x is Acer's flagship gaming laptop.

Sometimes companies just make things because they can.

That seems to be the case with Acer's Predator 21 X (the X is for EXTREME), a hulking beast of a laptop that weighs 8 kilograms, or 17 pounds, and features a 21-inch curved display. The curved display is a world's first, and even the size is notable. Most laptop screens top out at 18 inches.

The aggressively designed machine looks as likely to bite off your hand as it is to play the latest, most demanding PC games. While Acer didn't disclose the exact price, the company said the Predator 21 X would cost in excess of $5,000. Its other Predator laptops range between $2,000 and $3,000.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    I like all those choices from Crazed, also Alienware is a good choice too!!

he said his budget was $1000 not $10,000.lol

Pinball Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbear199 View Post
    Duly noted

get active
    Given the fact that a graphics card alone will exceed the $1000 budget, I would forget about the laptop as it will top that as well. If you really want a high end gaming PC, you're better off to save up a few more sheckles before investing as a good place to start would be closer to $ 3000 with motherboard, memory, cpu, graphics card, pwr supply, etc. If you just want to game and stay well under your budget, go for a dedicated game box like the Playstation 4 pro or whatever the call the latest version. All things considered I would opt for the PS4 plus box.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbear199 View Post
    is why my mention about the volkswagon

haaaaa. i kill me ... lol
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    So many choices. I use a Toshiba 4 core with an extra virtual 2 core, but i am not a gamer

This Acer is a beast, prolly easier to get a Volkwagon passed thru airport customs then this beast... But have a look

Acer built a massive gaming laptop.... because why not?
    The Predator 21x is Acer's flagship gaming laptop.

Sometimes companies just make things because they can.

That seems to be the case with Acer's Predator 21 X (the X is for EXTREME), a hulking beast of a laptop that weighs 8 kilograms, or 17 pounds, and features a 21-inch curved display. The curved display is a world's first, and even the size is notable. Most laptop screens top out at 18 inches.

The aggressively designed machine looks as likely to bite off your hand as it is to play the latest, most demanding PC games. While Acer didn't disclose the exact price, the company said the Predator 21 X would cost in excess of $5,000. Its other Predator laptops range between $2,000 and $3,000.

So, your suggestion is to go with Acer products? Well, someone else also suggests me for Acer Aspire VX15 with following specs

• Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor
    • 15.6″ Full HD IPS display
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    • 16GB DDR4 Memory
    • 256GB SSD

So what would you suggest is this right option. But there are more laptops available but a little bit expensive than my budget. Have a look at some gaming laptops whats the better option? Check here: https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-gami...ps-under-1000/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast