TV Addicted

Crazy Carl’s Buzztv Intial Impression

Hello iptv team

I have recently acquired the Xpl3000 model and wanted to give my initial impression on it.

What I like:
    1. The box is well equipped with remote, long HDMI cable, batteries.
    2. Form factor from the box is tiny and I mean the footprint is smaller then a roku 3-4 generation.
    3. Set up was easy and starting screen is simple to use and that makes the over all smoothness nice from the get go.
    4. Apptoide market is a major win, well populated with useful viewing apps from streaming to sharing with kodis latest version and apps like showbox, terrarium, etc..
    5. Bluetooth works well and keeps my Sony headphones connected without having to repair them every time I turn them off.
    6. Easy clear brush app closes all background apps not in us In the form of a rocket ship. (Always wanted to be an astronaut)
    7. My neighbors dry waller also has this box and I will reiterate what he said about the Buzztv app, the overall smoothness of this app is refreshing. The GUI is nice and simple and populated well and quickly it does sometimes need a page up or a page down to fully get it there though. Portals are easy to access and enter and there are several options such as pvr, catchup, and timeshift. The buttons on the remote help as there designed for and around the app.
    8. The remote is softouch and quieter then other remotes I have used which is nice if you have a light sleeping partner or little ones.

What I don’t like:
    1. There’s some lag when using the keyboard easily fixed by using a keyboard remote or blue tooth keyboard mouse combo.
    2. The mouse on the remote has some lag as well.
    3. The buzztv app according to the dry waller sometimes flashes a lost stream message that sometimes comes and goes on it own and sometimes requires a click of the remote to get rid of.

Overall in the short time I have had the device for I would rate it so far a solid 8/10 I have tested quite a few box’s and own a Nvidia Shield and I must say I’m quite pleased with the buzz box and the team behind it.

Thanks Carl for the info. I too have a buzz box and own a Nvidia and find i am really pleased with the Buzz box. I also use a mini keyboard as, with all other remotes, found it to lag as well. Overall this box is definitely high on my list. I have tested many boxes including the T95Z PLUS and that box was garbage. Buzz is highly recommended by me for sure.

I agree pretty much with that review as well, although I'd probably give the box a 9/10. I'm using old school grading here and believe the box crosses the line into "A" grade territory.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    I agree pretty much with that review as well, although I'd probably give the box a 9/10. I'm using old school grading here and believe the box crosses the line into "A" grade territory.
    I was close really close to the 9/10 but hey since when is 8/10 not an A anymore... I might hit old but do kids now a days need 9/10 for an A

Haha... You may be right: If you can write your name on piece of paper, that's good enough for an A in Chem.
    Last edited by ilan; 11-24-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Operations Ninja
    Looking forward to the buzz 3000 i have on the way from the raffle.have been using a mag 254 from the get go,hopefully this buzz box impresses me more then the last few years with the mag.Thanks for the review Crazy!

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by monty49 View Post
    Looking forward to the buzz 3000 i have on the way from the raffle.have been using a mag 254 from the get go,hopefully this buzz box impresses me more then the last few years with the mag.Thanks for the review Crazy!
    I think coming from a mag your going to be pleasantly surprised the mag 254 is a great box in itself but my spidey sense tells me your going to enjoy the buzztv. Enjoy and congratulations on your win

Ambassador
    Good review CC

Junoir Member
    Just got one and am blown away. I have the shield, mag 254, mag 256 dreamlink 1&2 as well as cheaper android boxes and amazon fire and this is hands down the best. Easy setup with logitech harmony. Beautiful picture and the EPG is much faster than the dreamlink T2 which i find to be much faster than the T1. Only thing i have issue with is lack of documentation. I am hoping to setup for locat OTA and just found out I need a usb ATSC tuner. it looked like it was included. but for IPTV service it ticks all the boxes. I would give 9/10