Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: net neutraility

Junoir Member

Exclamation net neutraility

If the net neutrailty law passes what will happen to iptv.
    2. is there any iptv companies that have local channels in chicago.
    3.what company has the best channel line up for resellers and restreams

get active
    Net neutrality law relates to internet providers and it stops them from providing faster services for more money. If you buy a 50mb service from a provider they can't slow your service down or narrow the bandwidth so other customers buying a faster service gets a better service at your loss. As for IPTV companies, the net neutrality law will keep them on an even keel with respect to bandwidth and their service to the public. This neutrality law simply ensures everyone gets what they pay for and it stops the providers from cherry picking who gets what. If you want to buy an IPTV service or Netflix, the provider can't choke, throttle back or play with your bandwidth or service speed.

The Chicago channels on IPTV you may want to go online and check into which IPTV services provide the Chicago channels you're looking for. I have, at times, gone to Shafa Market, downloaded HDP app, installed it, linked to a VPN server in Hong Kong and lo and behold, the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Blackhawks and some of the Chicago news has popped up in English with Chinese sub titles. It all comes down to where you go and what to look for as most world sports will have some offerings but American based IPTV is something you'll have to dig into.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 11-24-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    If it passes then i believe it will be struck down at the court levels in my humble opinion!!

TV Addicted
    I understand what you are saying about the net neutrality law. But, to my understanding, there is a hearing about this law with the FCC. Local stations are saying that they want to repeal the law so they can slow down phone users, for one using more that what they are paying for, like it used to be. I also hope if what the local channels are saying that it is struck down in court. Oh! by the way, I hope I am wrong about what I understand this new hearing is about.

Fire From Within

"Net neutrality" technically is not a law, it is a policy currently enforced by regulations set by the FCC. If people want a real law, they should lobby their legislators, and bring the issue though that process. Of course, this won't be done, they are more concerned about hiding their personal indiscretions than working for the good of the country.

I think without Net neutrality .the provider could charge you to view certain websites....like facebook and others...............

Fire From Within

The way I understand this is that the major carriers would be allowed to let the big tech source companies like Facebook preferential access in exchange for a premium, than the quasi-equal basis that they have with smaller companies, like allowing people to pay for access to HOV lanes. End users wouldn't necessarily pay that, but the proponents for net neutrality say that this could restrict competition from the smaller companies. Opponents say that the rules restrict free trade, and improvements on technology, and that the government doesn't need to be in the business of policing access to the internet.

see i was thinking they can stop lets says rocket if they want to slow it down to nothing and charge more to get it to speed again

and to give out info what we are doing

here it is for dummies like me
    Code:
    https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/features/what-is-net-neutrality-heres-a-simple-explanation-542421

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast