Thread: freezing

freezing

bad unwatchable freezing channel 209 msnbc. avov tv online stalker

Moderator at Work
    209 msnbc no freeze here, on same equipment as you, are you on a cat5 cable or wifi, try a reboot of all.

TV Addicted
    Don't know who has who for a Internet provider, But would like to share a possible problem with those that are experiencing issues. I just happened to find out about work in my area being done to increase speed. I only found out when I renewed my agreement for another year. I do that because I get a huge discount if I call and do that every year. For 60 bucks a month savings, I'll call! Any way.... The customer service advised me that they along with several other providers are upping their service and that this has gone on since June and will be over sometime in December. Until this work is finished Internet speed will be affected as they lay more fibre and connect to the new lines. Just passing this on to those that might be having freezing or loading issues. So maybe check with your provider if your not getting good service from here but you see other reports that others are fine. Local work in your area could very well be the reason at least till sometime in December. just FYI! Have a great one!

Banned
    Looks like prime time watching is almost impossible with all the freezing that's going on.

TV Addicted
    Just an update....... Last night was really bad. So I went to the inner portal and did a speed test. (Mag 254) It reported 1.08 mbps. Ran again and reported 856kbps. Ran again and saw 1.8 mbps. Thank goodness the work on the lines in my area will end soon. I still say the IP providers are at fault as they are installing more fibre across the Nation. My area will be wrapping up in a couple weeks. Just to let everyone know the freezing is not necessarily the fault of the IPTV service this time. Good news is when the upgrade gets done, service will improve from the IP provider standpoint. And because I complained to the IP provider, they told me to call back the first week or so of December and they will up my speed for free for my patience during the upgrade. Just a thought for the rest of you that are experiencing freezing. I'll report again when my areas work is completed. Have a great day!

Banned
    I had problems like that you are mentioning, till the line workers finially fixed a box that handles many houses in the area.
    It took flood like conditions before they bothered to fix it properly. Even though I had similar problem, there is still the issue of prime time watching here.
    Because that has not changed any since they fixed it properly. And I do reset modem & router when the freezing is going on, because I found that to be a issue before.
    No it looks like there is not enough server capacity on the higher demand channels when it is busy time watching. Ch 105 USA on Monday & Tuesday evenings is a example of that.

FYI
    When your Service is freezing on you, tune to a couple of open channels, like CBSN News, Al Jazeera, Bloomberg's etc.
    If they dont freeze, the problem is not your local ISP or equipment.
    Better yet, do a Speed Test during Regular and Prime time.
    /kens

Banned
    Yep done all those trials all along, but doesn't help those problems.
    Now especially, I am finding it all ways ok, since the linemen did the fix that I mentioned in above message.

TV Addicted
    When I have had trouble it affects everything. Droid box, Computer, Phone, and yes the so called "open" channels. My speed tests were done during prime time and were way low and unstable. Also if your IP provider throttles then there is something else. How far from the switching station also has a little to do with it during prime time (Packet loss). Problem with prime time is everyone is also online. Not just watching TV. With all the variables who's to know? Netflix, Hulu also act up when I get freezing. I'll with hold judgement for another month when I know the work is done everywhere. It is a lot of ground to cover between my local area and the servers for this service and the trouble can be anywhere in between. All I know is when my speed is stable I don't have any problem with the channels I watch. Have a great one!